Tea Party Nation President Is A NUTJOB

Started by TehBorken, Dec 02 10 11:21

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Tea Party Nation President Says It 'Makes A Lot Of Sense' To Restrict Voting Only To Property Owners

Two weeks ago, Tea Party Nation President Judson Phillips hosted the  program and discussed changes that he felt should be made to voting  rights in the United States. He explained that the founders of the  country originally put "certain restrictions on who gets the right to  vote." He continued, "One of those was you had to be a property owner.  And that makes a lot of sense, because if you're a property owner you  actually have a vested stake in the community. If you're not a property  owner, you know, I'm sorry but property owners have a little bit more of  a [a href="http://teapartynationalism.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=135:tea-party-leaders-attack-constitution&Itemid=104"]vested interest in the community[/a] than non-property owners":  [blockquote]PHILLIPS: The Founding Fathers originally said, they put certain restrictions on who gets the right to vote.  It wasn't you were just a citizen and you got to vote. Some of the  restrictions, you know, you obviously would not think about today. But one of those was you had to be a property owner. And that makes a lot of sense, because if you're a property owner you actually have a vested stake in the community. If  you're not a property owner, you know, I'm sorry but property owners  have a little bit more of a vested interest in the community than  non-property owners.[/p][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][/blockquote]You know, I just can't see why people insist the Tea Party is full of kooks and cranks who have terrible ideas that favor the rich and wealthy. Oh, wait...
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

Don't talk about the Tea Party to me, they're beyond the pale in every conceivable way as far as I'm concerned.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Um. I hate to admit it, but I almost think something like this is needed. Or at least a delay of ten years or so before new immigrants or new arrivals to a city have a vote.
I dont know what to suggest.

Take sunshine coast for an example. Lots of middle aged or recently retired people are moving from Vancouver having sold their overpriced houses. They buy outright a nice house on the sunshine coast. The prices are getting higher there. Lots of younger adults there cant get good jobs there and cant afford to stay. Many of the bigger industries that wanted to expand or set up there were voted down or protested against by the newly arrived people from the mainland with different ideals. I have many friends who are originally from the sunshine coast and left there cause of no work from lack of industry. I know it sounds undemocratic, but its not fair to the people trying to make ends meet, and having built up the place in the first place to make it the attractive place that the newer arrivals went to.

LOL, I think I went off track to what this was about.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims