Suspension

Started by Quenyar, Jun 15 06 11:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Quenyar

To support the Bush regime, you have to have a sincere belief in Weldpolitik or a significant capacity for suspension of disbelief. People who have conned themselves into believing in Weldpolitik generally deny that they believe in anything - they think they're the supreme realists and consider other folk who believe in ethics to be deluded. Cheny, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, etc are self-interested, amoral, elistists and are very pragmatic about pursuing expediency over ethics every time. They believe in nothing moral unles you define your morality in terms of personal profit and loss.

It is interesting that much of their base of support likes to fancy themselves monocular moralists. These are the people in denial. Most have so handicapped themselves intellectually that they are incapable of perceiving the world or responding to it with anything but fear.Carl Rove, the master drover, directs the herd from imaginary fear to imaginary fear, giving them what they expect in doses they can tollerate. They keep to their faith by denying every ideal their Savior believed in. They do what is right by committing sin.

You can say a lot of things for or against the Christian God, but the Christian Devil is beyond argument a damned clever bastard.

tenkani

Very well said.

And yes, I've always found it funny (in a black humor sort of way) that the same people who love to rant about "familiy values" and "Christian morals" see no contrdiction in supporting a policy of agressive neo-imperialism whose primary victims are not international terrorists, but families (as is the case with virtually all wars).

It seems concern for the welfare of families doesn't extend to foreigners effected by our policies. Or poor American families for that matter. Jesus Christ would be proud.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Gopher

Thou shalt not kill just doesn't feature in their version.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

That WAS well said Queynar....as was YOUR response tenkani.

I'm afraid I suffer a little from the ostrich syndrome when it comes to thinking about this....(meaning I try NOT to).  I can't understand why the simplest concept has become so complex.  I'm referring to the Golden Rule.  I learned it before grade school, and my naive mind STILL can't figure out why such sound advice hasn't worked.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Oh talk about family values. Social Conservatives are hypocrites.

I always have talked and stood up for the leftist point of view saying that banning abortion won't end abortion it will just create more problems and butcher shops.

I would get killed for this saying I was satanic and the devil.  But the funny thing was that the girls at school who were 'pro-life' weren't having those types of values.  For instance one girl called me a baby killer and said I was going to hell.  Well this person had 5 f*ck buddies (people you just have sex with no strings attached aka penis on demand if your a girl or pussy on demand if your a guy) got drunk and high every weekend (I saw her and called her at a party once) and was on birth control (I don't have a problem with it but the views she was supporting wouldn't have allowed any of this).  And I was the abstain one, never really got drunk, never did drugs, never really had a girlfriend, and yet I was called a 'baby killer'.  Did I miss the meeting somewhere because you are suppose to practice what you preach if you take that view on life (pro-life view) and apparently these ho's never got the message.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."