Vancouver vs. Seattle: Which is better?

Started by Cowpoke, Feb 16 06 09:17

Previous topic - Next topic

SassyCassy

I've spent time in Seattle.  I liked the heritage buildings and everything is close together.  The last time I was there was about 15 years ago and I remember my friend and I looked all over for a restaurant that served casual food.  We couldn't find anything, OR A PUB!  We did, however, have drinks at the Space Needle.  We should have just stayed put for dinner!  We ended up eating at a Food Court.  LOL.  Funny, the things your remember.  

I pick Vancouver because it has more character.  (and all my friends are here)
We're here for a good time, not a long time.  So have a good time, the sun can't shine everyday!..........Trooper, sometime in the '80's

MI

Lived in both for many years. definately, definately definately Seattle is best. More to do, more to see ....more fun period.

CK

I used to mainly on go to Seattle for music, music, and music in the 90s. LOVE SEATTLE. Not sure what it is like to live there, but visiting there rocks! [/DIV]As for what is better? I think Seattle is not better, or worse than Vancouver. Different. Both cities are cool with me.

Johnny

Hi, i am new here and live in Seattle. Is it me or is there a large Canadian contingent on this site? Anyway I have never lived in Vancouver, but i like visiting for sure. Vancouver has a very nice and walkable downtown area with more condos than i have ever seen in one place. I like Stanley park  a lot and the mountains are so in your face there. With all that being said though, i love to come back to Seattle. I like our neighborhoods on their steep hills overlooking the water. I like our cafe's, our music scene, the market, the Stranger and KEXP. I know lots of people living downtown is good but i really love to see those tall sleek skyscrapers of downtown Seattle as you drive in. They are both great in their own ways i guess.

CK

I guess a person really can't judge a city to live in, unless they live in it. [/DIV]Living in Vancouver was sweet, but like all towns, had its ups and downs. [/DIV]My favorite thing about Seattle (in the 90s mind you, back in the crazy days), was the hot, sweaty, alchohol and weed soaked trenches of the music clubs.  Vancouver was pretty tame in comparison of the music scenes. Vancouver is sweet in its own way.

Imsayin

Johnny wrote:
Hi, i am new here and live in Seattle. Is it me or is there a large Canadian contingent on this site?

lol, Do you consider 95% large?

It's a long story...

Good Times

Imsayin wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Hi, i am new here and live in Seattle. Is it me or is there a large Canadian contingent on this site?

lol, Do you consider 95% large?

It's a long story...

Currently only 15 pages long... [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/a050.gif[/img]

[A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,34.0.html"]http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,34.0.html[/A]

Gadfly

I've not been to Seattle, so can only assume that it is MUCH better than Vancouver!

Adam_Fulford

I've lived half my life outside of Canada, and attended an American school.  Here's my experience: A whiner is a whiner is a whiner, be he in Vancouver, Seattle, or Paris.  If it is winter they whine about the cold, if it is summer, they whine about the heat, if it is Paris, they whine about the French, if it is Vancouver they whine about the rain, if it is London, they whine about the English.  That's what I'm whining about.