Some Chick, are you here?

Started by Moolah!, Jun 05 06 06:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Orca

Yeah, sportsdude...

Being in IT sometimes sucks (I love it though...), gotta learn new language all the time.

Sprechen sie, parlez vous... Cobol, Pascal, j-ava, C#? lol

Night!

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

Who's X??

Um...X is apparently a new mod at DV.
The other day X went on a rampage of thread deletions, some because they were racist, some because they were stupid, and some because X didn't care for being criticized. It reminded me of another mod I used to know back in the day.

Also, Curses was pissed off because he had been banned. X was online and communicating with us but basically just ignored Curses' comments and blew off his concerns, which didn't go over well. A simple "I'll look into it" would have sufficed.

When confronted, X said essentially "Oh, I was handle jacked". Right.

I have a sneaking suspicion about who the mystery mod is.
I hope I'm wrong.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Some Chick

Hey, Raging Poodle.

I don't know how to change my IP.  I'm only a geekwannabe.  Whoever is posting with my nickname is not me.

The moderation of that board makes zero sense.  It's a pity they couldn't put together a brain cell or two to put together something like this for Vancouver.

kitten

Registration is what makes the difference.  If it was required it would be a much better board.  I pity anyone looking for information about Vancouver.  They would cancel any idea of coming here after reading that garbage.  It's an embarrassment to the city.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Some Chick

kitten wrote:
 Registration is what makes the difference.  If it was required it would be a much better board.  I pity anyone looking for information about Vancouver.  They would cancel any idea of coming here after reading that garbage.  It's an embarrassment to the city.[/DIV]
 I agree.  I'm going to do a little research and see what I can do about getting our city of Vancouver off their ass to blow that site into oblivion.  Seattle's forum puts ours to shame.

Gopher

There can't be many forums (fora??) that it doesn't put to shame.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

It could be a wonderful thing if someone cared enough to clean it up.

Gopher

For several months I thought it was excellent, and then it suddenly changed from the sublime to the ridiculous

kitten

I was very enthusiastic at the start, but suddenly it took a downhill turn and never came back to its former glory.  I finally gave up on it when the posts got too disgusting.

Gopher

We seem to have the same history, don't we. I wonder if DS will eventually make it compulsory for all users to register - and whether or not this would be a good thing?

kitten

In a lot of ways I think it would be a good idea, but until prospective users get to see and trust DS to be fair, it's likely better to let guests post as well.

Gopher

You're right, I'd not thouight of it from that point of view.

kitten

If the guests are malicious they don't last long around here.

purelife

tenkani wrote:
Who's X??

Um...X is apparently a new mod at DV.
The other day X went on a rampage of thread deletions, some because they were racist, some because they were stupid, and some because X didn't care for being criticized. It reminded me of another mod I used to know back in the day.

Also, Curses was pissed off because he had been banned. X was online and communicating with us but basically just ignored Curses' comments and blew off his concerns, which didn't go over well. A simple "I'll look into it" would have sufficed.

When confronted, X said essentially "Oh, I was handle jacked". Right.

I have a sneaking suspicion about who the mystery mod is.
I hope I'm wrong.

Hmmm....interesting.  I've been out of DV since I gave up mod powers.  I don't usually know what is going on but a very nice person has been keeping me in the loop.  

|