High Court Trims Whistleblower Rights

Started by TehBorken, May 31 06 06:32

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

In yet another blow against free speech rights, the Supreme court decided that government employees who report wrongdoing [a href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/05/30/national/w132119D75.DTL&type=politics"]do not enjoy 1st Amendment rights[/a] while on the job.

From the article:

'The Supreme Court scaled back protections for government workers who blow the whistle on official misconduct Tuesday, a 5-4 decision in which new Justice Samuel Alito cast the deciding vote . . .The ruling was perhaps the clearest sign yet of the Supreme Court's shift with the departure of moderate Justice Sandra Day O'Connor and the arrival of Alito.  Stephen Kohn, chairman of the National Whistleblower Center, said: "The ruling is a victory for every crooked politician in the United States."  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

himitsu

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" color=#ffffff].......I don't completely understand what you are saying (sorry)  But i agrre that the government is unfair ALOT.  In my opinion most don't give a shit about the "people" but are all out for everything that they can get.[/FONT]
Lead astray the gazers
The razors on your seducing skin
In the meadow of sinful thoughts
Every flower's a perfect one