Lost Found Art

Started by TehBorken, May 22 06 06:08

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[a href="http://lostfoundart.com/"]Lost Found Art[/a] is a design firm that puts together collections of unusual and interesting items--antique industrial pulleys, ray guns, valve knobs, fishing spears, etc.--and sells them as custom installations. Seen here, Ray Guns, $2,850, and children's antique baseball gloves, $1,800. What a kick-ass idea.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Trollio

Those ray guns were really cool. [font size="1"](Apologies to younger souls who may never have seen such things, or experienced the unrestrained utopian promises of the tail end of the space age. BTW, where's my flat on the moon colony?)   [/font]
one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

TehBorken

Trollio wrote:
[font style="font-style: italic;" size="2"] Those ray guns were really cool. [/font](Apologies to younger souls who may never have seen such things, or experienced the unrestrained utopian promises of the tail end of the space age. BTW, where's my flat on the moon colony?)  

Yeah, and where's my flying car?

Trollio

TehBorken wrote:[font style="font-style: italic;" size="2"]
[/font] Yeah, and where's my flying car?

I used to believe in those, but now I think that without extremely sophisticated automated navigational systems to prevent mid-air collisions, we would be just asking for mass metal death raining from the air.

Not to mention the question of how exactly to propel the things without creating weird effects on the earth itself.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

TehBorken

Yeah, with the typical drivers I know the *last* friggin' thing I want is for them to pilot an airborne vehicle. Hell, most people can barely parallel park- giving them a flying car would be asking for trouble.

kitten

How true!  It would just give them another dimension in which to wreak havoc.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.