DV currently inaccessable

Started by Moolah!, May 18 06 10:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Moolah!

So it may not be just ProjectoR who can't access it...  Even I, the Great Raging Poodle!, can't access the site.

The site is not responding to basic PINGs either. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_shock.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A][/DIV]

Some of the smileys I use in my messages are from DV. Not even they are showing up! So it must be really down...

I wonder what brought it to its knees?

A Naughty Priest...

... or a curse of Poolife? [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_tongue.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

Frogrik

Atempts to nuke  Dv are  under way and have been for a couple of weeks ... at least this is what i have heard .  if its true or not i have no idea...

we await  patiantly . but i need my Dv fix i am jonseing man  jonesing .... lol ..  

Dissident

Hey, guys--

The poster formerly known as Expat here.  On DS I've adopted the moniker Dissident, because "here" in my home country you Canadians are the foreigners (remember that when you feel the urge to flame--we's in MY house now, amigos!)--and as an American living in Canada I can be more explicit about my feelings about the US government (and, not incidentally, my reasons for being an expatriate).

My theory about DV going dark?  They're trying to force us onto a registration-based forum.  We can't go back to anonymity when the "new and improved" DV finally emerges like a cyber-Atlantis from the muck of putative threatened RCMP (NSA?) sanctions.

Wadda youse think?  And, my theory comes anywhere near to approximating reality, how do you plan to respond?

fenec rawks!

Moolah!

I think they'll try to keep anonymous posting optional, just like it is over here.

The difference is, Borken got this board up and running in approximately 48 hours.

Whereas DV has been working at it for the past... oh, 6 years now?

It seems to be back online now, but good luck trying to reply to posts... you hit the Reply button, and it just hangs there. Then the whole board becomes inaccessable once again.

I think someone is ing with it...

... and isn't done yet.  

fenec

Is hate and bias a crime over here like it is on DV?  It's just, I quite fancy meandering through a monodistic vitriol against dissident... am I okay to do that?
I love Dissident!

Dissident

Be still my beating heart--is that you, K?  
fenec rawks!

fenec

Wow, am I truly so diaphanous?  It is I.  Is DS often a retreat for DV clientele or is this merely in response to the absence of DV?  God, I was horrified on discovering it inactive... thought I might actually have to do some work.
I love Dissident!

Dissident

Maybe in our own way we did plenty of work--we sank DV by the weight of our prolix and ponderous verbal salvos.

Speaking of work:  how did I know it was you--well, to put it in my nativeYankee language:  you, my dear, are a "real piece of work".  It emanates from your every utterance . . .

fenec rawks!

fenec

Wow, that's an awesomely nicey thing to say.  You know, if things had worked out differently, and you'd have been better-looking, I think we could have been onto something good.  As it is, it's still pretty good - but, oh, to think of what it could have been.

Romance, who loves to nod and sing,

With drowsy head and folded wing,

Among the green leaves as they shake

Far down within some shadowy lake,

To me a painted paroquet

Hath been - a most familiar bird -

Taught me my alphabet to say -

To lisp my very earliest word

While in the wild wood I lie,

A child - with a most knowing eye.

EAP
I love Dissident!

Moolah!

Despite being functionally superior, the software here doesn't show the hour the messages are posted.

It's past 2 AM now... DV was up very briefly, but for the past couple of hours, once again it's been inaccessable - my guess is this will continue for the night.

For some reason this feels like a death watch... perhaps I'll check back tomorrow.

Call it my morbid curiosity, at the very least I'd like to be able to see some sort of a message indicating that it's been hacked.  [img onmousedown=travesmilie(this.src); height=15 src="http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/grinser/grinning-smiley-044.gif" width=15]

fenec

Yea, well, I'll host the vigil, if you like.  It's only 10:15am here, so I've got tonnes of awakednessness left in me yet.  And I have Lucozade too.
I love Dissident!

fenec

We're back up and running on DV
I love Dissident!

Dissident

"Fenec":  thank you for quoting one of my more fascinating and pervy countrymen to me.

Methinks you're looking to recapture the Colonials for your Empire, one citizen at a time?

fenec rawks!

fenec

You don't think I'd settle for just you *blushes*
I love Dissident!

tenkani

Despite being functionally superior, the software here doesn't show the hour the messages are posted.   It's not turned on by default.

Check your account settings.

As far as DV making registration mandatory, first, they won't implement registration of ANY kind in the near future. Let's be real, the DV technical admins are nice guys, but they couldn't find their a**holes with both hands. Apart from that, the owner has said repeatedly that it will be optional, as it is here. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.