good neighborhoods in Seattle?

Started by moving, Feb 15 06 09:52

Previous topic - Next topic

moving

I'm moving to Seattle within the month- what are some of the better neighborhood areas that aren't super expensive?

TehBorken

I'm moving to Seattle within the month- what are some of the better neighborhood areas that aren't super expensive?

Inexpensive? Well that narrows it down. Maybe Fremont, Bothell, or North City. Or to go south you could try Kent, also known as the "Land Of Big Hair and Rusty Camaros".

Or Monroe, Sultan, places like that. Kinda far out there though....
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

Hey TehBorken whats Tacoma like?
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

[div style="font-style: italic;"]Hey TehBorken whats Tacoma like?[/div]
Tacoma is like a root-canal that never ends. The whole city literally smells (hence the "aroma of tacoma" jokes) and is home to a lot of skanky characters. It's the last place in the world anyone would want to live.

Sportsdude

thanks for the lovely description. The university I want to go there is in Tacoma.

Legion

curses!

TehBorken

thanks for the lovely description. The university I want to go there is in Tacoma

Errr, well, on the other hand it's very ummm picturesque.

Sportsdude

Yeah I knew that from the pictures. Oh well most of my time there will be studying, rowing, and hitting on the swede and norwegian girls.

Ally

Good neighbourhoods in Seattle.

Queen Anne, Green Lake, Fremont, Bell town, West Seattle are all very nice areas.  

Capital Hill is okay.  Stay away from the Central District.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

P.C.

lol.....'moving' moved last February.  I hope he is not living in the Central District, or you may have unknowingly insulted his neighbourhood. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a143.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

CK

Isn't Tacoma where there is a hillside that has nuclear power plants on them? Kind of looks like Springfield from the Simpsons! Or is that a different neighborhood?

I just know, Seattle is very beautiful in comparison to Tacoma.