What's for Christmas Dinner?

Started by Lise, Dec 18 06 10:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

I'd have no objections to that at all, Ally. A brilliant combined choice
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Sounds wonderful, Ally.  But after a feast like that I think I would still feel sluggish and just sit around admiring my presents!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

What are you hoping to get or, more to the point, who do you expect to lay what at your paws?

kitten

I have no wishes or expectations.  That way, anything that does come my way will be a welcome surprise.  But I have received a card that is marked, "Do NOT open until Christmas".  Hmmm...

Gopher

Ah, from Kaycee no doubt, and for the big day he'll bring you a sparrow for your Christmas Dinner. Thoughful cat!

kitten

He sent my brother a fish with a candle for his birthday, so he could do no less for me!

Russ

I agree the duck is oily with lots of fat. Thats what makes it so good when you cook it in my opinion. I do mine similar to yours PL, I have also done it where I make slices in the duck and jam garlic on toothpicks into the slots. Then I let it soak like that covered in maple syrup (real stuff so its thin and flows easily) in a ziplock so its always immersed.

Cover it in montreal steak seasoning when I put it in then throw the oil into the maple syrup mixed sauce and keep basting every so often. I usually do two or three at a time though.

Ham takes wicked done like that as well.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Looks like a marvellous idea for ham.  I'll have to try that.

Russ

Ah! I forgot to add that when you do it after its marinated in syrup, you add oil and terriyaki sauce.

It IS good. Well to me anyhow. Pretty simple too.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Teriyaki sounds like a great addition to the recipe.  Thanks, Russ.