Where has everybody gone???

Started by kitten, May 16 06 06:12

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

No the other haf has two quarters, one is decent soil, the other is the plant's determination to love you in return.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

I think I'm missing that quarter.  My plants look up at me and say, "Oh no, not her again".  Or at least I think that's what they say.  As I mentioned, I don't speak flower.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

In that case you're not talking to them in the right tones, they understand English quite well apart from their own language - I've found that as long as affection is expressed they'll be quite happy and will no longer insult you with "Oh, it's her again". In fact, mine have NEVER spoken back to me, which is proof indeed that I'm on the right track.

I do hope that Tenkani will  also take note of all this useful advice.  

kitten

You probably use a more masterful tone when addressing them.  I tend to be rather timid in my approach.  Maybe they need more of that "Me boss, you flower" attitude.

Gopher

Quite the reverse, they react best to soft tones and tenderness

kitten

This summer I plan to spend more time on the patio playing soft classical music to them.  Perhaps Brahms lullabies or something by Liszt.

Gopher

Now you're on the right track. They love lullabies.

Otherwise, where has everybody gone - again?

kitten

It is odd, isn't it.  A sudden flurry, followed by silence.  Perhaps they are outside enjoying their lunch in the sunshine.

Gopher

P.C. was logging-on a few minutes ago, just in time to miss me because I'm signing off for now. May the rest of your day go well.

kitten

See you later, Gopher.  Welcome, P.C.

P.C.

Hi Kitten, Hi Gopher.

Another beautiful day in paradise.  Hope I get to spend a little time in the garden this afternoon......all this talk of gardens is making me long to get out there.  I'm making up a poster for work, and I need to get it done and saved onto a disk by this afternoon, so I can take it to get it printed, but I'm stuck.

Anyway, docs' later.....so maybe no garden for me today....*cry*
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I really wish I could help, but I haven't a clue about that sort of thing.  Google doesn't help?  Good fortune at the doc's!

tenkani

"Hi!

I haven't posted here in a long time.........almost forgot about it  

Also the weather is too nice these days to be in front of the computer.

Anyway, I hope you're all doing well."

HI!!!!! Long time no see!! Love and hugs!

And hi to everybody else! Thanks for the advice, Gopher. I tend to love some of my plants better than others, and I think that creates problems.

I'm going to buy some grow lights for my room so I can start my seedlings indoors. I'll let you know how that works out! Right now I've got a tray full of zinnias up next to my window but the light is very poor and they're getting leggy like you wouldn't believe   :([/DIV]
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

P.C.

Thanks Kitten.  I suppose I may have to come up with another solution for the graphics problem....rats.

Thank for the good wishes at docs.  Yipes......haven't been for years, and now 2 trips in the last couple months.  Kidney is killin me.....and my hand that I was having trouble with is starting to look weird.  He said last time, there was nerve deterioration, but now the cushy muscle (?) between the thumb and index finger (just above the 'web') is GONE.  It just disappeared almost overnight.  What's with THAT.

Anyways....I'm off to the shower.  Hope you are enjoying this beautiful sunshine.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

tenkani

Wow!! Sorry, P.C.!

Good luck with that    
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

|