Was the 2004 Election Stolen? Ay-yup

Started by TehBorken, Sep 17 06 07:03

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[h3]          Was the 2004 Election Stolen?
[/h3]In June Rolling Stone ran an article by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. delving into the [a  href="http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10432334/was_the_2004_election_stolen"]statistical improbability that Bush won the 2004 election[/a] based on massive amounts of evidence that support a Republican-sponsored election fraud across the country, particularly in Ohio.

The GOP used a number of tactics in its fraudulent campaign including ballot-stuffing, denying newly registered voters (particularly in urban and minority precincts) their voting privileges via illegal mailings known as [a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caging_list"]caging lists[/a], inane voter registration requirements, preventing thousands of voters from receiving [a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisional_ballot"]provisional ballots[/a], under-providing Democrat-majority precincts with voting machines thus creating enormous queues of voters, faulty machines (particularly from Diebold) that skewed results in the GOP's favor, mostly unnoticed ballot-stuffing and fraud in rural areas, and a fixed recount that was paid for by the Green and Libertarian parties that essentially supported the initial fraudulent numbers.

From the article: "'Ohio was as dirty an election as America has ever seen,' Lou Harris, the father of modern political polling, told me."

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Adam_Fulford

While US democracy is successfully rigged by corrupt politicians and corporations, the overwhelmingly Fascist media numbs the minds of the docile American masses with celebrity circuses.

Gopher

About time another word was substituted for democracy.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Cheeseburger

Adam_Fulford wrote:
While US democracy is successfully rigged by corrupt politicians and corporations, the overwhelmingly Fascist media numbs the minds of the docile American masses with celebrity circuses.[/DIV]
 Nail..on the head! You hit it!

Who cares that your freedoms are practically erased forever?...who's going to win on Survivor???...

Who cares if the SUV you drive is responsible for the deterioration of our environment and encouraging wrongful mideast policies?....Better go to a Best Buy, big screens are 5% off...

kitten

Surely the people themselves must be held accountable for their laziness.  They can learn about the political system, and if they can't be bothered they have only themselves to blame.  Many politicians would be looking for another line of work if their constituents bothered to see what or who they actually represented.  Perhaps money can't buy everything, but it sure has bought a lot of politicians and judges.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Cheeseburger

kitten wrote:
Surely the people themselves must be held accountable for their laziness.  They can learn about the political system, and if they can't be bothered they have only themselves to blame.  Many politicians would be looking for another line of work if their constituents bothered to see what or who they actually represented.  Perhaps money can't buy everything, but it sure has bought a lot of politicians and judges.[/DIV]
 They can learn..but do they? It interupts how Rockstar Supernova played out...

kitten

If they don't want to learn, then they can't b**ch about what they get.  It's still their choice.

Sportsdude

I frankly don't care anymore. I'm not going to vote in the congressional races because my congressman will win anyway. I live in such a conservative district. Anyway they're going to electronic machines as well. No more punch cards. Do I trust the people running them? no. Because there isn't a back up. Something goes wrong the votes are lost. There is no reciept of who you voted for. So it wouldn't be too hard to mess with it.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Cheeseburger

kitten wrote:
If they don't want to learn, then they can't b**ch about what they get.  It's still their choice.[/DIV]
 True, but I think what Adam's point is, is people don't care anymore because actually taking time to learn about how much you are getting shafted by the government interupts reality TV, buying material possessions, boobies at Super Bowl halftime, and Paris Hilton's d&d arrest. Know what I am saying?  

kitten

And that's the way to develop a dictatorship.  Bread and circuses all over again.  Keep the people amused and they will be happy to give up any pretense of thought and just blindly obey.

jeffbc

Infotainment and McDonalds for all,
 sponsored by the American Taliban

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson