Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Good morning, Kitten. Do you have blood on your hands?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

No, but a certain poster annoyed me enough to make me consider it.  All is well on the home front.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Glad to hear it. In the meantime I'm absolutely exhausted and can't wait for my two days off.

kitten

I'm exhausted as well, and this is supposed to be my recuperative time.  Things are frantic at the job, are they?

Gopher

They're abyssmally frantic I'm afraid. On the phone most of the time and in between entertaining vistors galore (either singly or in groups). The two trees were removed yesterday and all is in a mess, the plumber called yesterday and needs to come back with some new part, and the repair of the busted lock on the door has been unsuccessfully essayed. Worst of all we've got a mini-heatwave again, temperatures in the high seventies and extremely humid.  

kitten

It never seems to end, does it.  You have my sympathy, and hope that things improve soon.  The powers that be decided that this building needed new fridges, so I dutifully hauled mine out to the middle of the floor, and they trundled in the new one "fresh from the factory".  My other one was perfectly good, but this one has the rubber stripping around the freezer door lifting away already.  I called them back, and they agreed that it was actually defective, but left it there anyway.  So now I will have to howl to management that it needs either fixing or replacing, causing further annoyance.  If I yell loudly enough, I may be able to preserve my frozen food.  I will never understand bureaucracy

Gopher

On the other hand you could eat it very quickly. By the way, what did they do with your old model?

I'll feel a lot better when the funeral's over (next Tuesday), it's just a strain having to be the one 'in control' while everyone else has the luxury of panic etc. Already controvery brewing over a forthcoming memorial service - I find it distasteful to say the least (and have said so).

Oh well, at least I have DS to turn to.

kitten

This is an awful burden you've had to assume.  I gather the contention surrounds the inclusion of animals.  But as it was her wish, stand firm.  It seems to take forever, and is truly exhausting, but eventually the day will pass and all arguments will be over.

I don't know what they will do with the old fridge.  It was in immaculate condition and working order, so they will likely pass it off to someone else as "new".  I think they probably rotate them through all the properties until they are complete wrecks and then change them.

Gopher

I guess you're right. The LAST thing they would ever do is put them to some good use.

kitten

Considering the nature of some of the tenants, they will be destroyed quite soon.  Your government money at work.

Gopher

Hmm. I have much to say that isn't polite re. government money at work, so I'd better not say it. I think I'll just choose to meditate on your meditating smiley (I loved it).

kitten

Must go.  Company.

Gopher

Actualy, the animals part hasn't provoked any controversy at all - it's where the memorial service its to be held that's causing the pain.  

Gopher

kitten wrote:
 Must go.  Company.[/DIV]
 May they relish the delight of your presence.

kitten

It figures!  They were just passing through, so they left, and you left, and now there's no one left to talk to.

Why would there be a problem about where it is held?  The purpose of the funeral is to say goodbye to her.  The location should have no importance at all.  People can be so silly sometimes.  

|