Harper would rather be a hockey player

Started by Sportsdude, Apr 18 06 03:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

[FONT size=4]Harper would rather be a hockey player [/FONT][!-- END HEADLINE --] [DIV id=ynmain][!-- BEGIN STORY BODY --] [DIV id=storybody] [DIV class=storyhdr] [EM class=timedate]Tue Apr 18, 11:52 AM EST[/i]

[DIV class=spacer][/DIV]

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Prime Minister Stephen Harper says that while running the world's second largest country isn't a bad job, he'd much rather be an hockey player.

Harper, whose Conservatives won the January 23 election, is a huge fan of the sport and is writing a book about its early history. He also tries to catch all the games his young son Ben plays in.

"I love my job as prime minister, but if you could be a hockey player, I mean, what could be better than that?" Harper said in an interview with sports channel TSN due to be aired later this week.

"I always say, it doesn't matter how busy I am and how early in the morning it is, the one thing I can always manage to get energy for is to see my kid play hockey," he told TSN, which released a partial transcript of the interview on Tuesday.

Just for the record, Harper says the Ottawa Senators and the Calgary Flames will fare best among Canadian teams when the playoffs for the National Hockey League's Stanley Cup championship start later this week.

[DIV class=spacer][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV]
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Well if he wanted his kids and himself to skate on Rideau Canal next winter maybe he should have not canceled those 16 kyoto protocol plans because this year the canal didn't complete freeze over so nobody was allowed to skate on it, and this year wasn't an abnormality. The polar bears are dying because the artic ice is disappearing. In 20 years the U.S. will have to rename Glacier National Park because the majestic Glaciers that covered the mountains will be no more. When will are politicians wake up to this oncoming disaster.

Sportsdude

This will not exist in the future.

kitten

Why wouldn't he rather be a hockey player?  If they're any good, they make more money than he does, and of course, they're more popular!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.