Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Ally

I got about half way through Life of Pi and just couldn't get into it.  

Currently reading

1. The world is flat

2. Running with scissors

3. Honeymoon(trashy light read)

4. The baby whisperer.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

purelife

Hey Ally.  I finished reading "The Notebook" and I totally agree with you that it is wayyy better than the movie.  Though, the movie storyline is kept close to that of the book, which I like the best.  I love how, in the book, they talk about the two when they are older but in the movie, they concentrate on when they were younger.  I would reread the book again, it's that great.  I couldn't believe it that it was the author's first book.  I absolutely love it.

Ally

nothing better than a super enjoyable read.

Another book that I enjoyed...light read, but enjoyable was The Devil wears Prada.

The movie was quite a disappointment.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

purelife

Hmm, I might read that book now that you said that it was good.  The movie was ok.  I only watched it because I like Meryl Streep.  It was a cute movie.

Gopher

Cause of Death - Patricia Cornwell
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

Robert Jordan - Eye of the World (1st Book in the Wheel of Time series) Looks pretty good.... one down, 8 or 9 or whatever left to go.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Future Canadian

Got Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men for X-Mas. We are a house of Firefly freaks so we had to get it. Fantastic writer.
Speaking of comics, purelife is that Kabuki in your avatar? David Mack is one of my favorite artists.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Lise

Firefly rocks, dude!! I thoroughly enjoyed the short-lived series.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Unnatural Exposuere - Patricia Cornwell

Gopher

Predator - Patricia Cornwell

Lise

Wow, Gopher. You're one fast reader!!
Bill Cosby.

Lise

The Great Hunt by Robert Jordon. Woot! Second book.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Not come across this one, what's it about?

Lise

Second book from the Wheel of Time. I've got a long ways to catch up on all eleven books. It's mostly about three young lads who are caught in a 'pattern' of Time and have to save the world. Quite interesting.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Soundss it. Have you ever tried His Dark Materials?

|