"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Return Of The Dancing Master - Henning Mankell
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

The Birthday Present - Barbara Vine

Gopher

Written In Stone - Ruth Rendell. Sinister to say the least, even though the murderer is identified right at the start.

Lil Me

Convention by David Lewis.

It's SOOOOO boring but mandatory reading for a class I'm taking.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

Elementary by Mercedes Lackey.  Can't get enough fantasy from this author.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Death of an Expert Witness - P.D. James. (Not very enthralling so far).

kitten

Dragon Ship.  Slow starter.  Hope it improves as I read more of it.  It misses the literary hook to build interest so far.

P.C.

Current Reading: What happened to my asparagus...it didn't come back this year.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I hadn't even known asparagus was perennial!  I know my neighbor planted some this year.  I still struggle to like asparagus but I am giving it a try anyway.  Not to plant, but to actually eat it.  It must be an acquired taste.  Butter and lemon on it?  Or a sauce (white?)

Lil Me

Asparagus gets more "pungent" the more you cook it.  Dark green tender-crisp is just about perfect, in my world.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

The finest texture and the strongest and yet most delicate taste is in the tips.The points d'amour ("love tips") were served as a delicacy to Madame de Pompadour -  so there you go, Kitten, if it was good enough for her, it's good enough for you.

kitten

After the connection to royalty, I really must learn to enjoy it. ::)
I did read the newspaper, but then I got busy with the nurse sorting my pills for me again, and after took on the major job of getting all the cat fur out of the furniture.  I'm sure they must borrow more fur from their pals and transport it here for me to take care of for them.

purelife

I am still on book one of Game of Thrones.  I may have to move on because I've been on this book for months! 

I really want to read A Winter's Tale after having seen the movie.

Gopher

Shake Hands Forever - Ruth Rendell.

Hope it's better than the last book I read which, to my great regret, I didn't decide to stop reading until five pages from the end.

|