Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Some Chick

lol  

So did I with the name and the word "crippled".  Google is my bestest friend.  Interesting how it mirrors the old mythology story of the guy falling from the sky.  (I only read the synopsis though)

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0].
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Some Chick

I have to politically incorrect words in my work each day.  I put that together with the name of the character and ... viola.

With a bit of imagination, there's not much you can't find with Google.  Hell, I check out the guys I'm going to date so that I can leave a trail should anything ever happen to me.

Paranoid?  Maybe  :)

P.C.

I usually DO Google first, and ask questions later, but as my 'summary' was SO brief (not to mention I wasn't even sure my recollection was accurate), it never occurred to me.  It's a memory from 30 + years ago.

A thousand pardons.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/a010.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
 [div style="font-style: italic;"]Have you read it ???  
[/div]
 Nope, never read it but it sounds interesting.

You came up with it awfully quickly.

I cheated, lol.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

'Unquiet Soul' - Margot Peters (yet another biography of Charlotte Bronte).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

I'm trying to catch up on all the New Science bulletins in my mailbox.  I let them build up, and now there is a lot of interesting reading for me.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Try some of the Bronte biographies, you'll possibly find them far more interesting than their writing - certainly they all paint a  unique picture of unforgettable pathos, triumph, tragedy and genius.  

kitten

I doubt that I'm in the mood for pathos at this time.  But eventually I will check out the Brontes.

Gopher

Yes you must, it's obviously something that's been missing from your life.

kitten

I really hadn't noticed the lack, but now that you have brought it to my attention........................

Gopher

Never too old to learn....

kitten

But potentially too old to comprehend!!

Gopher

Oh, I really don't think so.

Sportsdude

Soon to be elementary Spanish I. (Starting tomorrow)
British Literature English Book (Still have to finish that class)
some dumb technology book. (I don't read it it puts me to sleep still have to finish that class as well)

Plan on finishing the Technology by the end of Sept. and British by Nov.

Then I finally can close that wacky/rocky/hard never ending chapter in my life known as high school. Argh, I hated K-12

K-3 was fine but then 3-12 was pure hell.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|