Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Yes, another book thread - but this time one in which I hope that all fellow bookworms will tell us all what they are reading at the present time. This of course, can be added to as time goes by.

To start things off, I'll offer:

Cold Comfort Farm - Stella Gibbons

and

Dude, Where's My Country? - Michael Moore.    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

Tender Is the Night - F. Scott Fitzgerald

kitten

The Obsidian Trilogy - Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

greycat

I just got jPod for my b-day, and Ill Be Your Mirror (andy warhol interviews)...i usually have about 10 books going at once.
It is what it is.

Gopher

I'm usually on about three at once.  

kitten

I stick with one at a time, as I hate to put a book down in the middle of a story.

Gopher

I used to be as disciplined, but now my mind seems to be all over the place. Most of my reading gets done in bed - with a large dictionary/thesaurus close at hand.

kitten

I can usually infer the meanings from the surrounding words, but when I can't I seize the opportunity to stretch my legs and go over to the bookcase for my thesaurus.  One thing I could never do is read in bed.  I never can find a comfortable position without the cat jumping up and sitting on my book.  Unfortunately, he's not transparent.

Gopher

Oh. I thought EVERYONE read in bed!

I use the dictionary etc. more to find out the derivations of words than to discover their meanings. In your next life, have a transparent cat!

kitten

I only read in bed when I'm hospitalized and have no option.  I think in my next life I'll BE a transparent cat.  The perfect home companion.

Gopher

People will clean you - they'll think you're a window.

kitten

No, just a "pane"!

Lise

I'm jealous. I have no time to read books even though I'm a bookworm at heart. *sigh*

Can't wait till the kids are a bit grown-up so I can catch up on the books you guys are recommending.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I've got an ever growing list that I need to get too:

Frankenstien

Young Trudeau

Communist Manifesto

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I think I read Frankenstein by Mary Shelly when I was in highschool.... oh so long ago.

Best novel from highschool has got to be To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|