Happy Easter Everyone!

Started by Lise, Apr 15 06 09:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Hiya folks! Sorry for being away but here's my Easter greeting to everyone!! Kisses and chocolates to all.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Lise wrote:
 Hiya folks! Sorry for being away but here's my Easter greeting to everyone!! Kisses and chocolates to all.

[/DIV]
 Thanks Lise, the same wishes go to you.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

FULLOFHATE

KEEP YOUR RELIGOUSE REDNECK RIGHT WING EASTER WISHES TO YOURSELF!

kitten

What a lovely contribution.  It's delightful to read the intelligent and tolerant views of a person such as yourself.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

weird al

How is it "redneck" or "right wing" to wish people a Happy Easter? It's not even a particularly "religiouse" greeting anymore. More of a "best wishes" type of thing like Merry Christmas etc. And how could somebody be full of hate when they're so demonstrably full of shit? Happy Easter everyone!

P.C.

weird al.....you got a way with words.....love it.  My sentiments exactly.  Happy Easter !!!!!  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

kitten wrote:
 What a lovely contribution.  It's delightful to read the intelligent and tolerant views of a person such as yourself.[/DIV]
 [FONT color=#00007f]Brilliant comment, kitten[/FONT]

Brent

Yes, Best Wishes + good karma for all,today and everyday.

Sportsdude

I guess I've been the bad boy in the family, only one that didn't go to church. I'm such a rebel.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Trollio

Sportsdude wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I guess I've been the bad boy in the family, only one that didn't go to church. I'm such a rebel.[/div]

But your soul is redeemed by your new avatar. You and I should talk sometime.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Sportsdude

Its not that I don't believe its that I've graduated from church (been confirmed, grew up in the church enviroment) and that I already know what I'm going to do with that knowledge. I'm going to help people.  There is nothing wrong with being 'secular' even thou I'm really not 'secular'.its just I know I will get that label if I stick around the midwest. To me religion is a private matter between you and whatever you believe or not believe in. I don't need someone who might not have an outlook on the world that is favourable to my beliefs. (It was at the missouri synod church, so I didn't want to here anti this and anti that) and (I have a problem with them because they create women as second class citzens, they can't be pastors or even deacons.)
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Sportsdude wrote:
 Its not that I don't believe its that I've graduated from church (been confirmed, grew up in the church enviroment) and that I already know what I'm going to do with that knowledge. I'm going to help people.  There is nothing wrong with being 'secular' even thou I'm really not 'secular'.its just I know I will get that label if I stick around the midwest. To me religion is a private matter between you and whatever you believe or not believe in. I don't need someone who might not have an outlook on the world that is favourable to my beliefs. (It was at the missouri synod church, so I didn't want to here anti this and anti that) and (I have a problem with them because they create women as second class citzens, they can't be pastors or even deacons.)[/DIV]
 What one believes is indeed a matter between oneself and one's creator - one reason why creeds have always 'got to me' is the way in which one is expected to stand up and quote the beliefs of another person or body, rather than one's own.

Your history seems to have been somewhat like mine, Sportsdude. I too grew up in the church and went through confirmation: strange thing was that it was immediately after I became confirmed that the doubts came into evidence - doubts which plagued  and worried me for about 30 years until I found myself able to sort it all out and come to the realisation that my contiued, albeit tenuous, connection to the church of my youth and childhood had its foundation in the guilt that had been laid upon me simply because I was expected to believe what I couldn't.

Happily I have found a new stage on which to perform.