Muslims Are INSANE

Started by Yessiree, Feb 11 06 08:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Yessiree

What kind of religion says it's okay to kill you for drawing a cartoon? The Muslim religion does. No wonder people think Muslims are f*cking headcases.

Ummmmm

Frankly the hardcore christian fundamentalists aren't that much different. Guys like Pat Robertson would put half the country to death as 'unbelievers' if he was allowed to (or if he thought he could get away with it).

Sportsdude

Hell he called european thinking hedonistic on his program a couple of nights ago and spouted racist remarks too that I won't go into detail.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Marik

Yeah, thats why I stopped going to church quite a few years ago.  Just too many people telling me about how I should recognize how Jesus died for us, etc. And some of the stories in the bible are ridiculous.  How does some dude go through a desert for 40 days with only 1 loaf of bread and water?! It's just not possible.

Lise

My two cents. I just wish ppl live in peace. Sigh... this world is gonna go down the toilet if we don't start learning how to live with one another.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Admin

My two cents. I just wish ppl live in peace.

My sentiments exactly. I wish everyone would learn to mind their own business and practice a little tolerance. Or a lot of tolerance, hopefully.

Sigh... this world is gonna go down the toilet if we don't start learning how to live with one another.

I think we may be too late already. Things are in a pretty precarious state right now, and I don't see any good stuff on the horizon, so to speak.  This country is in a dire state and currently headed for the toilet at warp speed.
I don't live on the edge, but sometimes I go there to visit.

Sportsdude

The problem is the people in charge are blinded by uber-nationalism.[/DIV]Perfect example is the U2 song Love is Blindness.[/DIV]Replace love with America and it says exactly whats going on down here. [TABLE height=300 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="90%" align=center border=0][TBODY][TR][TD class=main vAlign=top align=left width="100%"]
[H1]Love Is Blindness lyrics[/H1][/TD][/TR][TR][TD class=main vAlign=top align=left width="100%"]
[H4]Artist - U2[/H4]
[H4]Album - Achtung Baby[/H4]
[H4]Lyrics - Love Is Blindness[/H4]

[FONT class=main-text]Love is blindness
I don't want to see
Won't you wrap the night
Around me
Oh my heart
Love is blindness

In a parked car
In a crowded street
You see your love
Made complete
Thread is ripping
The knot is slipping
Love is blindness

Love is clockworks
And cold steel
Fingers too numb to feel
Squeeze the handle
Blow out the candle
Love is blindness

Love is blindness
I don't want to see
Won't you wrap the night
Around me
Oh my love
Blindness

A little death
Without mourning
No call
And no warning
Baby...a dangerous idea
That almost makes sense

Love is drowning
In a deep well
All the secrets
And no one to tell
Take the money
Honey
Blindness

Love is blindness
I don't want to see
Won't you wrap the night
Around me
Oh my love
Blindness[/FONT][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

P.C.

Lise.....My two cents. I just wish ppl live in peace. Sigh... this world is gonna go down the toilet if we don't start learning how to live with one another.[/DIV] [/DIV]I second that emotion !!!!!!  (sorry Admin....I third that emotion) [A href="http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.acq.osd.mil/ie/bt/images/The%2520World%2520in%2520Hands.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.acq.osd.mil/ie/bt/coi.htm&h=572&w=800&sz=114&tbnid=XRA7MJ9BPcrHqM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=142&hl=en&start=8&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dworld%2Bin%2Bhands%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLC,GGLC:1969-53,GGLC:en%26sa%3DN"][img height=101 src="http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:XRA7MJ9BPcrHqM:www.acq.osd.mil/ie/bt/images/The%2520World%2520in%2520Hands.jpg" width=142][/A][A href="http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.acq.osd.mil/ie/bt/images/The%2520World%2520in%2520Hands.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.acq.osd.mil/ie/bt/coi.htm&h=572&w=800&sz=114&tbnid=XRA7MJ9BPcrHqM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=142&hl=en&start=8&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dworld%2Bin%2Bhands%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLC,GGLC:1969-53,GGLC:en%26sa%3DN"][/A]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Understanding others requires thought.  It is usually easier to react to people and situations rather than to consider why these things occur.  Blindly lashing out doesn't solve problems, it increases them.  It would be so nice to see people of all nations sit down and discuss their resemblances as well as their differences.  It would surprise a lot of people to see how many similarities there are among them, no matter where they come from.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

former s.consumer

conflict comes and conflict goes.

nothing substantial has happened to the human species in order to forces us to live and work together on this little rock in space for our survival.too bad it may have to be a negative destructive event. me thinks it will be global warming and fresh water depletion.

Witch

Quote from: Yessiree on Feb 11 06 08:07What kind of religion says it's okay to kill you for drawing a cartoon? The Muslim religion does. No wonder people think Muslims are f*cking headcases.
Christians think it's ok to wipe out entire cities, force rape thousands of captive virgins, send bears to kill children for the heinous crime of teasing a bald man........

The Abramic religions are all based on absolutes of "truth". Christianity is about 1400 years older than Islam and has been forced to mellow a bit (a very litle bit) by secular law. What were Christians doing 1400 years ago? Who is insane? As fara as I'm concerned, the sooner fundamentalist absolutism finishes it's long slow decline, the better off we'll all be.

Legion

When they came for me, I laughed at them, they lost all composure.
- anonymous

The above quote has nothing to do with the topic. I say this to avoid confusion. I was making a comment to someone else on this thread, but I spent too much time thinking, and I forgot what I was going to say.
curses!

tenkani

Witch, you took the words out of my mouth, although you did a better job of expressing them than I could.

The Old Testament is full of unbelievable horror and darkness brought about by the Christian god of compassion and love. The problem isn't with Muslims, or with Christians, it's with fundamentalists who believe these ancient texts, written in a time when murdering your child for talking back was considered politically correct, can be used as a guide for modern life. I abhor the violent actions of Muslim fundies relating to the cartoons, but I know that other, more moderate followers of Islam watch these actions with the same sense of disgust. Probably even more disgust, actually, since they know well the shame it brings to their own religion.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

Its always the extreme's of each religion that ruin the party.[/DIV]Christian fundies in this country[/DIV]Extreme Orthodox Jews- in Isreal[/DIV]Fundimentalist Muslims[/DIV]Moaist Rebels in Nepal- (they are the worst out all these groups by the way, don't go to nepal, its in anarchy)Budist Monks are known to get testyHinduShiks
Every religion has a dark side.  Its are responsibility to see thru the dark stuff and see the good in people.

tenkani

"Budist Monks are known to get testy" Can you expand on this pls? The most extreme example of resistance by buddhist monks in the modern world that springs to mind is self-immolation as protest. I wouldn't put this in the same ballpark as burning embassies and whatnot.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.