6 Annoying Words

Started by Marik, Apr 11 06 01:48

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

15 seconds!  Holy moly mackeral!  ;)

Marik

I blame Shaggy from Scooby-Doo for the "like" thing. I watched that show a lot when I was in elementary school - and Shaggy would always end up saying "like" numerous times. (for example: "like, zoinks!")  Then I picked up that bad habit and started saying "like..." way too often.

purelife

Oh and that song...

Ohhhh baby, I like it like that.....  

weird al

The irritating word and phrase catalogue is totally immense. Don't go there, man - we need closure.

Sportsdude

As your resident teen on this board, which makes me an expert. I do not use the six words mentioned:   random, sweet, intense, essentially, ultimately, technically  

I have a beef thou, who can essentially, ultimately and technically be hip words?

If I use the word sweet I'm always mimicking Napolean Dynamite.

I use odd instead of random

But I'm the exception, I use a lot of british slang. I do not get the cali talk either. Those people give me a headache.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

I really hate hearing "you know" several times in a sentence.  I know one person that uses this phrase incessantly, and I tend to go out of my way to avoid her when possible.  It's like putting "filler" between the words so nobody can interrupt.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Marik

cali talk? Is that when those video game nerds talk in a similar fashion to this...?

i m uber 1337

kingy

Gopher

Bush, Cheney, Blair, Rice, Awesome, Ginormous
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

weird al wrote:
The irritating word and phrase catalogue is totally immense. Don't go there, man - we need closure.

Like, totally.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

soapbox

think outside the box

our team needs synergy

your ei is almost out

Future Canadian

I really hate hearing people using "like", "basically", and bullshit buzzwords like "proactive". And I really don't like sentences that end with "all" or using "all" as a verb. As is "I was all..."
But I really really hate when I catch myself saying any of the above! I'm all...

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

'infrastructure' is starting to bother me.  I suppose because I've been hearing it lately, from people who like to use it because it's such a great word....not because it's relevent to the conversation.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.