6 Annoying Words

Started by Marik, Apr 11 06 01:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Marik

[start rant] I don't know if its just me, but recently, everyone I talk to (note: most of these people are somewhere between 15-20 years old) over-uses the following words:

random, sweet, intense, essentially, ultimately, technically  

It really annoys me when someone says, "that's so random!"  ... and just to annoy me, my friends say, "that was so intense, its random!" (or any combination of those 6 words)

I guess the majority of DS users are older, so they don't see how these words can be irritating.  Anyone have any words to contribute to this list?   ^_^    [end rant]    

tenkani

Shit. Guilty.

I once knew a guy who liked to say that cool things were "pants". As in, "dude, that's so f*cking PANTS!"

No idea where he picked it up, but it was essentially doubleplus unsweet.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Marik

for some reason, that sounds familiar (the pants thing)

TehBorken

"Basically" -  way overused.

I had a teacher that used "basically" in between almost every other word. And this was while he while he taught advanced color TV theory (a 700 hour semester course). The things he was explaining could hardly be called "basic" by anyone but Einstein. This was convoluted stuff like electron mobility, wave functions, heterodyning, oscillation theory, etc etc. "Basic" my ass. I must have heard "basically" a million kabillion strepzillion times in that 6 months, lol.

He was a funny guy though, and used words that were almost the correct ones. For example, he used to say things like "she wore a dress all covered in sequels". He had a million of these but that's the only one I can remember right now. Basically.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

purelife

The words "So" and "Like"

Like, I can't like figure out how like my hair like totally is like so dry and like so dull  lol...

I blow dry my hair, so yeah, it's like all dry so so the sun don't need to dry it so

Legion

i'm like so sick of the word like.  
curses!

Legion

punch buggy no return  
curses!

Legion

I suppose that last post would've made more sense if this forum displayed the time. lol  
curses!

P.C.

Legion, this forum DOES display the time....like haven't you noticed....like
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Check out your Profile and you can set the time for wherever you are.

My annoyance is when someone says 'ya know' several times in one sentence.  

purelife

I like totally posted first than you Legion.  SO THERE!  I said it first.  Na Na Boo Boo..whatcha gonna do?  ;)

Legion

like for sure i donno.  
curses!

Legion

lol. I'm such a noob.  
curses!

P.C.

So what time did you post that Legion.....Hmmmm?   *lol*

Legion

Missed by that much.  
curses!