Saw Super Size me on Sundance Channel today for the first time.....

Started by Sportsdude, Apr 13 06 07:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

And its changed my life. No more Taco Bell and Diet Dr. Pepper for me.  Could have gone to Taco Bell for the third day in a row but I decided to eat the two frozen orgainic tuna burgers I had left in the freezer along with some strawberries and cottage cheese and had arizona ice tea for a drink.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Smart move!!  You may not notice the difference now, but a few years down the line payback hits really hard.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Yeah. I kind of am part of Taco Bell nation. I like mexican food so I've decided to stop going to Taco Bell and go to the wonderful 5 mom and pop restaurants near my house instead. But not only a daily basis but on a weekly to bi-weekly basis. And if I want to make quesadilla's I have a quesadilla maker.

I decided my body fat is too high (which it is last time I checked it was in the the high teens or low 20's but I don't look fat because I'm 6'8).  I need to get back below 220 thou.

kitten

Try to lose it now instead of waiting until it becomes a problem.  The longer you wait, the harder it is to lose weight.

Sportsdude

Yeah I should be fine in that department considering I'm going to row in college. Abs of Steel here I come!

But bigness does run in my family my mom's side her brothers all have diabetes, heart disease, high chrolestrol and blood pressure. Heck my cousin is at risk for diabetes and he's only 13 he's that big. Uncle 315lb other Uncle 275ish to 300 ish. They are the land of the pot bellies. Lucky for me my dad's side of the family is a family of peasants from hungary who were in concentration camps. Skinny they are my dad is a skeleton. 150lb 6'2. Only problem on that side is Luekemia. Runs in the family.

kitten

So you can see all around you what a difference a proper eating regimen can do for you.  With the illness on both sides of the family, you have to be proactive about your health and stop taking chances that could eventually kill you.  You already know how to plan a good diet, so why not start now for the sake of your future?

Sportsdude(logged out)

I have problem is I don't eat the bad stuff. Don't have a sweet tooth at all, I stay away from the junk food. My problem is I eat too much off the good stuff or have weird eating habits due to crazy working hours. I can remember a couple of months ago eating only one meal a  day. Now I'm up to 2 meals.  Low metabolism is my downfall mainly due to work but I have to work those crazy night hours to help out the family.