I am about to pay 1800 for rent, how can I buy a house instead!

Started by doing well, Finally!, Apr 11 06 09:35

Previous topic - Next topic

doing well, Finally!

poor credit, dont have a big amount for down payment, but I do make good money, I live in a shit box basement right now and I am going to move out soon, I want to pay cheap rent but its not going to happen in Vancouver, I lucked out with this basement. 2 bedroom plus den in a incredible area for only $575 + 40% utilities, but it is getting to shitty for me there it is a old house and I want to live in a nicer place, is there anythng I can do?

Should I stay in this shitbox to save up a bunch of $$$$$, or should I move out and pay $1300 - 1800 for a nice townhome or house for rent?

Any advice will be appreicated!!!!

Thanks.

TehBorken

doing well, Finally! wrote:
 [div style="font-style: italic;"]Should I stay in this shitbox to save up a bunch of $$$$$, or should I move out and pay $1300 - 1800 for a nice townhome or house for rent?[/div]  I'd sit tight and save up for as long as possible. $575 is dirt cheap so you should be able to bank a good bit of your income. That's my suggestion.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

TehBorken

incredible wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]what should i do?[/div]
 See above,.

but whats the point

what is the point in saving a little bit of dough, if it means living in a shit box with mold and stink. The only thing my place right now has going for it is the size and location. I think I should move out, unless someone can really conince me not to.

TehBorken

but whats the point wrote:
what is the point in saving a little bit of dough, if it means living in a shit box with mold and stink.

I don't know, what is the point?

The only thing my place right now has going for it is the size and location.

Right.

I think I should move out, unless someone can really conince me not to.

By golly, I think you should too.  

How about...

...moving out of an overated city like Vancouver and live somehwere you don't have to pay crazy rent like that, or live in a moldy sh*tbox. DUH!!!