http://thankyoustephencolbert.org

Started by Adam_Fulford, Apr 09 06 11:28

Previous topic - Next topic

academe

Adam_Fulford wrote:
I will get a handle, P.C..  I'm just waiting for Purelife et al to delete every DV message with "Adam Fulford" in it.  I'd appreciate it.  More space would be released.  It'd seem that they'd be all too happy to rid themselves of the last vestiges of a burden so overwhelming that they've banned it. Why do you need purelife and the other mods to clean up your freaking messes AF?  Why do you need to wait until they do before you change your handle?  It is not like they'll forget your name that easily.  Besides, they have better things to do.  PC is right, if you were so "concerned" about your "real name" being used either by or against you then why the freak are you still using it and making excuses for not changing it despite all your bleeting about lawsuits, friends emailing you, blah, blah, blah.  

A very wise DV poster said this:

[TABLE id=Table2 style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: midnightblue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=10 width="100%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR bgColor=gainsboro] [TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" vAlign=top align=left]Real Woman[/TD] [TD colSpan=2][img title="" height=15 alt="" hspace=3 src="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/icon_posticon.gif" width=15 border=0][FONT size=1]Posted - 4/10/2006 10:45:10 PM[/FONT]  [HR noShade SIZE=1] If one has the option of being anonymous, knowing full well the extent of vuglarity on the internet, why would one choose to post under his or her real name?  

If one chooses to not "hide" or be a "coward" and use his/her real name, then one shoud be prepared for the consequences that come with being identifiable.  It's actually not about cowardice for a lot of people, it's a matter of privacy.  [/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

As for those "friends emaling you" ....what are they doing?  Lurking around DV and DS or Googling you?  Tell them to get a life and to stop bothering you.  If you're worried about your wife seeing such posts, then you got bigger problems than you thought!

I have a suggestion, how about you stop posting on the Internet altogether?

LOL.  Thanks for the laugh of the day AF.  

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
Rats....those naked pics of mine never seem to work.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry!
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

purelife

Hey Adam,

I quickly got the chance to skim these messages and I have to agree with Academe.  You are sorely asking for trouble by posting your real name.  Seriously, you're doing it to yourself here on DS as well.  Are you going to go to Teh Borken to ask him to delete all your posts?  If you don't want your name smeared over at Google/DS/DV, then I suggest you delete your account and come under another name.  And please, not your name spelled backwards or something like that.  :P

At the moment, it'll take quite a bit of my time to delete ALL of your posts on DV.  I don't have the time now at work to do such a task.  You'll have to wait.  Sorry.

Legion

well. attention whoredom does come with a price. lol  
curses!

tenkani

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Legion

Since you want my advice I would recommend the book The Shockwave Rider by John Brunner.

It's been my bible for 25 years.

P.S. tenkani you should read it too. [font size="-1"]Berkeley [/font]students (with the help of someone like me;) save the US!

curses!

purelife

Done.  That took me 5 minutes.  I'm going to have to bill you next time.  ;)

TehBorken

Legion wrote:
Since you want my advice I would recommend the book The Shockwave Rider by John Brunner.

Excellent book! I have a really old old old copy with a different cover than this one.

tenkani

I'll try to track it down!!

Unfortunately, we have a dearth of good used book stores in my immediate area.

Happy Tuesday, gents    

Lisa Maree

Interesting, very interesting.  I would be extremely embarassed to have a mod have to clean up after me because I am to dense to understand the value of anonimity.

Legion

oh adam. you were never really a friend of anyone, were you?  
curses!

tenkani

Friendship is rare,
Do you know what I'm sayin' to you?
Friendship is rare.

Legion

You got that right. Friendship has indeed gone out of style. Now it's all just networking and making acquaintances.

*sighs*
curses!

tenkani

Long-as-there's-a-record-deal-we'll-always-be-friends    

TehBorken

Adam_Fulford wrote:  [div style="font-style: italic;"]I also made friends with the other kids of wandering nomadic bikers, and grew up to be a friend to all from the littlest flea of the land to the most mammoth whales of the sea.[/div]

Now yer scarin' me.

|