If Discover Vancouver was a woman...

Started by tenkani, Feb 10 06 04:00

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

That sounds very yummy...  What do you normally like to cook?  I'm looking for different ideas on quick lunches to prepare as I'm always on the go...

P.C.

I love to cook anything and everything.  We have a 'theme night' once every couple of months with friends.  We pick a country, and everyone brings a dish. We even dress and decorate appropriately. (or sometimes inappropriately....we're silly, but we have a blast)  [/DIV]I'll give it some thought about quick an tasty stuff to send you.....I know I have a ton of things, but nothing is popping into my head right now.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a090.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Your theme nights sounds like a lot of fun.  [img style="width: 26px; height: 35px;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/14.gif[/img]

Future Canadian

It has so much became a THING of the past.  Kinda sad in a way.... *sigh*  *double sigh*...
Yup. The theme of this thread is a funny coincidence, because I was just making a similar analogy in my head today. DV is like a first romance because it was my first time into a message board and it was way fun during the golden age. But I've grown now and found a more sophisticated lady and am happier, really. But I kinda look back...
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

Well put FC.

purelife, they are a lot of fun......it's like travelling the world without leaving the neighbourhood. (well sort of....well, a tiny bit...lol)

purelife

Quote from: Future Canadian on Feb 10 06 10:35It has so much became a THING of the past.  Kinda sad in a way.... *sigh*  *double sigh*...
Yup. The theme of this thread is a funny coincidence, because I was just making a similar analogy in my head today. DV is like a first romance because it was my first time into a message board and it was way fun during the golden age. But I've grown now and found a more sophisticated lady and am happier, really. But I kinda look back...

Bless your cotton socks, Future Canadian.  Nicely put, as P.C. said.  

Gotta go now.  I'll talk to you guys later.

XO

P.C.

Well, goodnight everybody.....need to lay my weary head.

Future Canadian

Pleasant dreams. I hope the wind isn't blowing like it is here.  
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

Back atcha FC....it's flat calm here.....gonna sleep like an infant.

Future Canadian

I thought this would be a timely and funny topic to bump.
And no. She'd just be trouble, turn psycho and manipulative just when you started having some fun.

P.C.

Silly goose.  You've missed the essence of 'the assignment'.  It is to sweep DV from the front page.

I don't think this one cuts it. lol

weird al

"if Discover Vancouver was a woman, would you date her?"

No, but I would probably post there once or twice.

Future Canadian

Oops! I forgot that was the plan. Duh...
We sure do spend a lot of time talking about that "other" website.

soapbox

no.

no,plain and simple.

would probably enjoy a casual dinner date in yaletown and,as the night progressed,would realize that she has way too many issues resulting in cutting the evening short,returning home,and calling up a real women (although only a friend) for a late snack and couple for drinks to talk over the disaster date that was DV.