AT&T Forwarding All Internet Traffic to NSA?

Started by TehBorken, Apr 07 06 07:29

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

SpamDailyNews is reporting that the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) has filed a brief that claims AT&T has been forwarding internet traffic [a  href="http://www.spamdailynews.com/publish/ATT_forwards_all_Internet_traffic_into_NSA_says_EFF.asp"]directly into the hands of the NSA[/a].

The brief was filed under seal (a procedure that allows only the judge and the litigants to view the document) in order to give the court time to review the information.

From the article: 'More than just threatening individuals' privacy, AT&T's apparent choice to give the government secret, direct access to millions of ordinary Americans' Internet communications is a threat to the Constitution itself. We are asking the Court to put a stop to it now.' [hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
As horrible as this is, I'm really not so surprised. However, what concerns me even more is the fact that no one will do anything. There won't be any public outcry. There will be no protests demanding the return of our constitutional rights. Of course we all know this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened. I find it horrific that our previous president went to trial for receiving 'oral service' from a woman while our current one is pretty much destroying all of our civil rights and no one seems to care.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.