Girl, 5, Forced To Apologize For Hugging Classmate

Started by TehBorken, Apr 06 06 06:24

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[font style="font-family: Arial Narrow; font-weight: bold;" size="3"]  [/font][font style="font-family: Arial Narrow;" size="3"] [/font][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][font style="font-family: Arial Narrow;" size="3"]Another sad episode in the Stupidization Of America....heaven forbid a girl should hug a boy![/span][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]
[/span][/font][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][/span][font style="font-weight: bold;" size="4"]Girl, 5, Forced To Apologize For Hugging Classmate[/font][font style="font-weight: bold;" size="3"]
Parents Looking For New School For Girl
[/font][div class="posted"][font size="1"]
POSTED: 6:02 pm EDT April 5,                                2006[/font][/div][div class="updated"][font size="1"]UPDATED: 7:59 pm EDT April 5,                                2006

[/font][/div][!--startindex--][b class="Dateline"]MAYNARD, Mass. -- [/b]A family in Maynard is outraged after their 5-year-old daughter was forced to write a letter denouncing hugging after a classmate embraced her. NewsCenter 5's Amalia Barreda reported that Brenda Brier and Michael Marino pulled their daughter, Savannah, out of school early Wednesday.

The couple was angry after a meeting with officials at the Greenmeadow Elementary School in Maynard, where Savannah is in kindergarten. At issue is a hug Savannah said she got on the playground from a friend named Sophie. Savannah hugged Sophie back. The hugs resulted in Savannah having to write a letter, complete with teacher corrections, that read, "I touch Sophie because she touch me and I didn't like it because she was hugging me. I didn't like when she hugged me." "She said, 'I'm really sad that I got in trouble for hugging,'" Brier said.
[table class="storyAd" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"][tbody][tr][td class="storyAdObj"] [/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]"I can understand if boys are playing rough or kids are pulling each other around -- that's one thing. But when kids are being affectionate, I mean hugging, hey, they shouldn't be disciplined over it and they shouldn't be lying in letters making the kid say the opposite that they don't like to hug," Marino said.
[br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]( [/span][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]Right- boys shouldn't be allowed to roughhouse (GASP!) or "be boys". The way boys have acted since the Dawn Of Civilization has been wrong, according to Mr. Marino.  Makes perfect sense. -tb)[/span]

School Superintendent Mark Masterson told NewsCenter 5 there was a "dispute of the facts between a hug and a lifting of a child off the floor." The superintendent said the school reported "one girl bear hugged another girl and lifted her off the ground. The aide who was monitoring told the teacher.

The teacher asked several students to write a note to their parents and describe what happened. "Savannah said she did not lift her classmate off the ground. "They're trying to accuse her now, basically," Brier said.Savannah's parents said it should have never gone this far, and want an apology from the school. The family said they are so upset they'll start looking for a new school for their daughter to attend.          
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Trollio

Children understand the world completely. It's adults that f*ck it up.  
one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

P.C.

That is so beyond pathetic.  What the heck is their point !!!  Being nice is wrong ????  Good Gawd.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
 That is so beyond pathetic.  What the heck is their point !!!  Being nice is wrong ????  Good Gawd.[/DIV]
 Nope this country is all about killin' and war. Kill, Kill, Kill, war, war, war. We are a bunch of blood thirsty savages.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
 [div style="font-style: italic;"]That is so beyond pathetic.  What the heck is their point !!!  Being nice is wrong ????  Good Gawd.[/div]
They're not allowed to hit each other and they're not allowed to hug each other. What the hell are they allowed to do?

Apparently touching anyone in any way, shape, or form is now officially a "bad thing".
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Trollio

Remember that scientists came up with the idea of taking a baby monkey away from its mother permanently and isolating it in order to see the importance of companionship in primates. If memory serves, the monkey went insane or something damn near close to it.

With the erosion of community has gone a good bit of our collective common sense.

Replacing it? Lawyers and insurance companies.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu