In case.....

Started by TehBorken, Jan 03 14 06:53

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

In case you ever wondered what a Cambodian passport looks like, now you know. My MIL just got her visa and will be coming to visit in a month or so. My wife is super-uber-mega excited, lol. :)

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

Thanks, definitely not seen one before.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

It's interesting that they still use French on their official documents in addition to Khmer. The French left a mark that persists even today, including road and street signs. A lot of them are "Rue <name of street>".

Russ

Quote from: TehBorken on Jan 03 14 12:20
It's interesting that they still use French on their official documents in addition to Khmer. The French left a mark that persists even today, including road and street signs. A lot of them are "Rue <name of street>".
Its the same in parts of Africa that I have been, where the French had their colonies. You see it also where the British, Portuguese had theirs as well. Pretty neat really.
I liked seeing it in parts of Cameroon. The coastal cities were predominantly French and had lots of influence from their architecture and civic layouts, from older buildings, to the way the streets and sides were done. Go further inland to some of the more rustic areas and you can see older colonial plantation houses that are British in origin.
Ghana was one of my favourites. It is one of the least corrupt and well organized countries. It was a British colony, and everyone speaks English (or some semblance LOL). Still many expats living there all around.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

I can't imagine how happy Sakha is to have her mom come visit.  I'm happy to hear that your mil has that opportunity to visit.  She may not ever want to leave.   :)

TehBorken

Quote from: purelife on Jan 07 14 11:04I can't imagine how happy Sakha is to have her mom come visit.

Lol, yeah, she's jazzin' big-time. Mom's itinerary for the next few years is all planned out. Her first free day is in October of 2021. :)

TehBorken

Google isn't scanning the forum for contextual content, no no no...