Started by Manoj1, Dec 10 13 08:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Manoj1

What's your favorite car?

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

1970 Dodge Dart

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

DDD

cars suck!!!

FORD TRUCK RULES
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Russ

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 18 13 09:57
1970 Dodge Dart

(http://www.foundationpc.com/cars/71dart3.jpg)
I like the way you think.
I would like a 1970 Challenger R/T. Been looking not too seriously for a while, as some of these are around 40k. A non restored one with broken engine or drivetrain I would look at getting for the right price.
I have my grandfathers 66 Plymouth VIP, which is pretty much the same as a Fury III. 86k original miles, bought new from dealership. Needs new paint, vinyl top, and rebuild of the engine and transmission as the seals have gone hard over the years due to irregular usage.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

Quote from: DDD on Dec 18 13 02:18
cars suck!!!

FORD TRUCK RULES
LOL. I disagree, mostly cause I drive a Ram 3500 MegaCab.

TehBorken

I only mentioned the Dodge Dart because it was the first car I got to drive legally. My mom had one for years and it was unkillable.

I loved the Plymouth Satellite ('73 to '75 or so), and restoring one of those would be super cool.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Natasha

kitten

My favourite car is my '93 Toyota Corolla, fully paid for and an absolute pleasure to drive.  Ever since the lab I used to drive for switched to Toyota Leasing, my heart was set on having one for myself.  It is comfortable and above all, reliable.  Other than basic maintenance,  my repairs have been Zero.  I do need to have a slow leak in one tire fixed, but that's it.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lil Me

Please watch out for the slow leak: I had one that I was re-airing for a month.  By the time I made it to the tire shop, the tire was unrepairable and I needed to buy a new pair of tires.   :(
I had to fork over a couple hundred bucks for tires last week.

The silver lining was the tire repair guy found an object embedded in one of the remaining tires!  He removed it and plugged the leak.  Good thing, or I would eventually have needed a 2nd pair of new tires!
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

I'm going to take it to my garage and see if they can find and fix it before it gets any worse.  I don't want to take a chance with it.  Tires can be so expensive!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

DDD

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Lil Me

Porsche Carerra with the whale tail.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Quote from: Lil Me on Jun 20 14 12:00
Porsche Carerra with the whale tail.

Ill give you bonus points if you get one with the diving board off the front.