Playing The Clash makes you a terror suspect

Started by TehBorken, Apr 05 06 07:11

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Doesn't get much stupider than this. Thank you Homeland Security, thank you George Bush, etc etc etc. How much more of this nonsense will go on before we admit that the "terrorists" (Cheney, Bush, etc) have won?
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][font style="font-weight: bold;" size="5"]Playing The Clash made man a terror suspect[/font]
[font size="1"][span class="artByline"]by ANNE CAMPBELL, Metro[/span] [span class="artDate"]08:06am 5th April 2006[/span][/font]   [!-- exception in filter include. include=readerCommentsArticleHeading, path=http://172.30.2.96/dailymail/usercommentsInline/articleCommentsHeading. Reason: j-ava.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out --] [/p]A mobile phone salesman was hauled off a plane and questioned for three hours as a terror suspect - because he listened to songs by The Clash and Led Zeppelin. Harraj Mann, 24, played the punk anthem London Calling and classic rock track Immigrant Song in a taxi before a flight to London. [/p]The lyrics to both tracks made the driver fear his passenger was a terrorist.  [/p]  The words of the Clash track begin: "London calling to the faraway towns, now war is declared and battle come down." And Led Zep's Immigrant Song goes: "The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, to fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!" [/p]Mr Mann, of Hartlepool, Teesside, had boarded the plane at Durham Tees Valley Airport when the flight to Heathrow was stopped and he was arrested by police. [/p]He said he was told he was being questioned under the Terrorism Act and his choice of music had aroused suspicions. Mr Mann said yesterday: 'The taxi had one of those tape deck things that plugs into your digital music player.  [/p]"I played Procol Harum's Whiter Shade Of Pale first, which the taxi man liked. I figured he liked the classics so put on a bit of Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song - which he didn't like. Then, since I was going to London, I played the song by The Clash and finished up with Nowhere Man by The Beatles." [/p]Mr Mann said he was 'frog-marched off the plane in front of everyone, had my bags searched and was asked 'every question you can think of'. [/p]He added: "It turned out the taxi driver alerted someone when I arrived at the airport and had spoken about my music. He didn't like Led Zep or The Clash but there was no need to tell the police." [/p]Durham Police said the action was taken 'as a result of information received' and the flight was stopped before take-off.  [/p]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Trollio

From Jerusalem, by William Blake...
 [font color="#9900cc" face="Times New Roman" size="3"]
 [/font]
[font style="font-style: italic;" color="#9900cc" face="Times New Roman" size="3"][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"]Bring me my bow of burning gold![/span][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"] Bring me my arrows of desire![/span][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"] Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold![/span][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"] Bring me my chariot of fire![/span][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"] [br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"] I will not cease from mental fight,[/span][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"] Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,[/span][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"] Till we have built Jerusalem[/span][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"] In England's green and pleasant land.[/span][/font]

Sounds pretty threatening to me!  
one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu