Ack

Started by TehBorken, Jan 13 13 08:08

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Geez. I got in touch with a friend of mine who I hadn't spoken to in a couple of years, and asked how it was going. This was the response:

"I was in a motorcycle accident Nov 10 with my girlfriend.  Hit some gravel or something near Bobs corn. Bike went down on the left side.  We were only doing 35. I broke 8 ribs and lost my confounded spleen.  I was at harbor view for 9 days.  GF had 6 ribs broken as well and had her left arm busted up pretty bad. She was in Provence for 5 days. Has 3 plates in it.  She is going through physical therapy now.  It's painful.  However the good news is that she is still my girlfriend...well a lot more than that...  I've been taking care of her 24 x 7 since I got out of the hospital.  I have use of all my appendages.  See the attached pics of  our helmets and realize this is why our brains weren't squashed."

And that, my friends, is why I've never ridden a motorcycle on public streets. Dirtbikes on trails, sure, but I learned a long time ago that a) streets are made of hard concrete, and b) my body is not.

So I've stayed away from motorcycles and as a result, I don't have any great stories to tell about breaking my ribs and getting concussions and losing organs and nearly dying.

Sorry, but my body is just too valuable/fragile to offer up to the Traffic Gods as a sacrifice.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.