The worst shows of 2012...a race to the bottom

Started by TehBorken, Jan 01 13 10:14

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

The worst shows of 2012...a race to the bottom.

2012 was a low, low spot in reality TV, lower than ever before. The shows were as repulsive and obnoxious as they could be, while still hyping something -anything- that would get people to tune in.

For example...there were shows and one-shot specials whose titles alone were promises of gore to the crowd of tv-watching sheep:

"I Was Impaled" on Discovery Fit & Health 
"Wives With Knives" on Investigation Discovery
"My Giant Face Tumor" on TLC

Then there were series that insulted whole groups of people, like:

"American Gypsies" on the National Geographic Channel
"My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding" on TLC
"Breaking Amish" on TLC
"Amish Mafia" on Discovery

But the sleaziest of all was a spin off from another bottom-of-the-barrel show, "Toddlers and Tiaras". This steaming bucket of sludge and monkey vomit was named "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo". Google that if you want to be repulsed and appalled.

I remember when TLC, "The Learning Channel", actually had stuff worth watching. Now it should be renamed to "The Shit You'd Never Watch Channel".

Seriously, if space aliens stumbled across Earth tonight and had the misfortune to catch an episode of either "Toddlers and Tiaras" or "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo", they'd be nuking the planet from orbit before the show was over to prevent us from contaminating the rest of the universe.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

DDD

LMAO turn on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and you will know what crap is. I did that just to piss the gf off plus it realy is good for a LOL then switch the channel ASAP as about 30 secs is more than enough for a life time
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Gopher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klKrOYnxTeY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klKrOYnxTeY)
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

I had no idea until last night.  I was missing a ton of Honey Boo Boo jokes and references on the radio morning show, so I watched Season 1 Ep 1 on youtube.
It's like a train wreck.  Oddly fascinating.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein