RATE MY PIC!

Started by Trollio, Apr 04 06 01:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollio

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Trollio

— bebu

Trollio

— bebu

tenkani

The pic on top...what is that, a lamp??

That's what happens when you let hippies design a computer. GET A LIFE!!!

I rate you a -4!!    

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

tenkani

#3 is sexy though. I'd hit it.

Trollio

The two iMacs are in an especially provocative pose.  
— bebu

tenkani

Yeah, but I bet they spread their cases for anybody. Sluts    

TehBorken

tenkani wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Yeah, but I bet they spread their cases for anybody. Sluts     [/div]
 Let's not even get into a discussion of how the Mac's network adapter is shipped in "promiscuous" mode by default.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

I miss the funky imac. The new ones just don't cut it for me. I liked how you could move the monitor around.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Future Canadian

I used to be a die-hard Mac person, but one gets so much more computer for the money with a PC. I could give a toss about how it looks as long as I can run more than one program at once and have stuff on the web appear the same day I click on it.
But them Macs sure are purty...

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

well now you can get intel in macs so that solves your problem.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Trollio

Future Canadian wrote:
 I used to be a die-hard Mac person, but one gets so much more computer for the money with a PC. I could give a toss about how it looks as long as I can run more than one program at once and have stuff on the web appear the same day I click on it.
 But them Macs sure are purty...

[span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"] Um....?[/span][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]  [br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"] [span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"] Ummmmm...........???[/span][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]  [br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"] [span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"] At the moment I'm running five programs, three of which are both memory and processor intensive, and I'm still getting expected rates of return on the broadband connection, all on a five year-old Mac laptop.[/span][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]  [br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"] [span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"] When was the last time you used a Mac?[/span]
— bebu

Future Canadian

My last Mac was a Powerbook which I'll admit was a bit behind the curve for power and memory (the story of my computer-having life).
I'm really just comparing our computer with my Mother-in-Law's. She bought this computer I'm on, decided she was not made for PCs and sold us this one, then bought a brand-new reeeally fancy looking new Mac for much more than she paid for this. But it is slow as mollasses in January on the 'net. I'm not sure of the stats on her machine but we both have the same DSL connection.
I bow before your awesome computing power Sir Trollio.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Future Canadian

Well speak of the devil Trollio, you've already posted a picture of our old gal.
[span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]The Powerbook 100 was a hell of a machine for its time[/span][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]. [/span][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]Which was about 12 years ago.[/span]

Unfortunaely we bought ours used about 9 years ago. Dude was probably selling it to buy what we should've bought instead.

Trollio

Future Canadian wrote:
 I bow before your awesome computing power Sir Trollio.

No, no,  no need for that.

There's loads of horror stories to go round, no matter what platform you use. And anything can go wrong on any machine. If I bought a new machine tomorrow, I would actually not buy one of the new Intel Macs, but one of the still current ones. They need some post-production work and at least one more release before they become the inevitable choice for Mac users. There's also something -- though I forget it now -- about backward compatability for some programs. Mac does stupid things like this sometimes, when they just don't need to, and people end up having to upgrade every piece of software they own.

Mac is where I'm comfortable, and I've only been disappointed once.

Yep. It was that Powerbook 180c that after about six months became slower than a sloth if you tried to do anything more complicated than e-mail on it.  
— bebu