Oh no, that's not racist!!

Started by TehBorken, Nov 12 12 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Holy shit, some people aren't just racist, they're unimaginably stupid, too.

Denise Helms, a 22-year-old California woman whose racist, threatening Facebook status about President Barack Obama went viral this week. Helms has since been fired from her job at a Turlock, Calif., Cold Stone Creamery, and the Secret Service is now looking into her comments.

"Another 4 years of this (N-word)," Helms wrote on her Facebook Tuesday night. "Maybe he will get assassinated this term."

UH-OH.

Sacramento's Fox 40 news crew caught up with an unapologetic Helms on Wednesday.

"I didn't think it would be that big of a deal," she said. "The assassination part is kind of harsh. I'm not saying like I would go do that or anything like that, by any means, but if it was to happen, I don't think I'd care one bit."

She then took to Facebook to defend herself, posting this idiotic rant in response to the criticism she received:

So apparently my post last night about Obama got onto Twitter and Fox 40 came and interviewed me cause apparently a lot of people in Sacramento think I'm crazy and racist. WOW is all I got to say!! I'm not racist and I'm not crazy. just simply stating my opinion.!!!"

Nooooooooo, you're not racist, you just called the President of the United States a "n***er". Nothing racist about that.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Natasha

I think people give the "N" word too much power.
As for the assasination part of her comment.... not cool! The man IS a father and husband afterall and I loathe when people wish death upon someone else.

DDD

OK why is nigger a bad word when people who are African American use it but if you are not then O NO u you used the "N" word.

Being white I have been referred to as white bread....etc. but I don't go after Wonder Bread

I agree we give some words to much power as for her while what can you say but I hope she runs into some African Americans in a dark back alley.

I may not be the most politically correct person but some words I choice not to use but if you force me not to use them then I will make a point of using them.
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Russ

Quote from: DDD on Nov 13 12 05:17

OK why is nigger a bad word when people who are African American use it but if you are not then O NO u you used the "N" word.

Being white I have been referred to as white bread....etc. but I don't go after Wonder Bread

I agree we give some words to much power as for her while what can you say but I hope she runs into some African Americans in a dark back alley.

I may not be the most politically correct person but some words I choice not to use but if you force me not to use them then I will make a point of using them.

I don't use the N word on principal.. but like you say its a bit of a pendulum swing.
You used to be able to go buy a colour or paint in the 'N****R Brown' Colour. Really, it was a shade of brown.
Also, I have issue with the stigma about the use of the word.. when it's used extensively by the african american community in converstations AND sold in the music industry.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

I must admit TB.. Im really happy with the way the quote function works now.
REALLY happy. <sigh>. I guess what they say about small things and small minds really are true hey?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

DDD

Quote from: Russ on Dec 12 12 12:21

I don't use the N word on principal.. but like you say its a bit of a pendulum swing.
You used to be able to go buy a colour or paint in the 'N****R Brown' Colour. Really, it was a shade of brown.
Also, I have issue with the stigma about the use of the word.. when it's used extensively by the african american community in converstations AND sold in the music industry.

I agree with both your posts above me
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!