David Emerson

Started by Lise, Apr 03 06 06:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Not that I know much about politics in general but it seems so wrong to switch from one party belief to the other the following day.

And update on what's been happening to him.

[H2]Anti-Emerson protesters take message to Ottawa[/H2]

A small plane circling overhead with a banner urging  David Emerson to "call home" greeted MPs as Parliament opened today.

The banner was purchased by Manuel Perreda, a Vancouver-Kingsway resident and member of the Campaign to de-Elect David Emerson, a loosely knit community group that formed in reaction to the former Liberal minister's defection to the Conservatives two weeks after the federal election.

Like others who have joined the anti-Emerson protest in recent weeks, Perreda said he's angry over the politician's decision to cross the floor, and he wants Emerson to return to his riding and address his constituents' concerns directly -- a request that Emerson has, so far, refused.

To that end, Perreda -- who said he voted Liberal in the last election -- fronted the $1,605 cost of the banner, though he was hoping to recoup some of that expense from campaign supporters who attended a "democracy walk" in the riding on Sunday.

"Something has to be done," Perreda said Sunday of his involvement in the Emerson protest, now entering its eighth week.

Source: [A href="http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=5a083cf1-b9aa-41e2-9d17-f838e2f2a147"]http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=5a083cf1-b9aa-41e2-9d17-f838e2f2a147[/A]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Nothing will happen to him I believe until the next election when he will loose his seat.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kingy

yea, nothing will happen but personally, i think he should call a by election. i would be pretty pissed if i voted for a guy/girl because they were representing a certain party and they moved over to another party.

Trollio

It's the toughest thing an MP can do other than resign, and few survive the move as anything but a backbencher after the fact. Exceptions occur, but even those often end up to be ill-fated. It's a matter of trust.

Our society assures people that they have the right to change their minds, but we really don't like it when they do.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Alumni

If you watched Global News the other day, one reporter asked Emerson about the 'De-elect Emerson' campaign and his response was, "Frankly, I don't give a damn..."

Arrogant bugger ain't he?  
"People Who Don't Make a Commitment to Me Don't Get My Time" - Annonymous CEO

Sportsdude

"I don't give a damn"

Wow. What a tool. Dissing your own ridding to filth is never a good thing. He might as well start packing with those kind of statements because all I have to do if I was running the Liberal and NDP campaigns in the next election would make posters and bumper stickers and tv ads saying:

David Emerson: "I don't give a damn" about Kingsway

or

David Emerson doesn't "give a damn" about you and he could care less.

He would get killed in the elections. I hope somebody from the Liberals and NDP keep that clip it will be very useful in the next election.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."