promoting girls' education

Started by DDD, Oct 15 12 02:32

Previous topic - Next topic

DDD

Better not do this or

A teenage Pakistani activist shot in the head by the Taliban arrived in the United Kingdom on Monday for more specialized medical care and to protect her from followup attacks threatened by the militants.
The attack on 14-year-old Malala Yousufzai as she was returning home from school in Pakistan's northwest a week ago has horrified people across the South Asian country and abroad. It has also sparked hope that the Pakistani government would respond by intensifying its fight against the Taliban and their allies.
Malala was targeted by the Taliban for promoting girls' education and criticizing the militant group's behaviour when they took over the scenic Swat Valley where she lived. Two of her classmates were also wounded in the attack and are receiving treatment in Pakistan.
The Taliban have threatened to target Malala again until she is killed because she promotes "Western thinking."

Men a-holes with guns take on a 14 year old child

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

TehBorken

My Dream: The Taliban all drown slowly in a cesspool filled with pig-shit and landmines.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

DDD

Quote from: TehBorken on Oct 15 12 05:24
My Dream: The Taliban all drown slowly in a cesspool filled with pig-shit and landmines.

I think you are too kind
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!