Congratulations!

Started by Natasha, Jul 05 12 02:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Natasha

A friend just got married and has lots of people saying "Congratulations" and it just got me to wondering, what's to congratulate him about? So he got married, so what. Anyone who's married for longer than a few months knows how difficult marriage can be. Those people know the reality of marriage, not the fantasy..... so what's to congratulate?

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Lol, true, true. Instead of "Congratulations" they should all be saying, "Lookout!"

Quote from: Natasha on Jul 05 12 02:25
A friend just got married and has lots of people saying "Congratulations" and it just got me to wondering, what's to congratulate him about? So he got married, so what. Anyone who's married for longer than a few months knows how difficult marriage can be. Those people know the reality of marriage, not the fantasy..... so what's to congratulate?
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Natasha

LOL  or "good luck"   :D
Quote from: TehBorken on Jul 05 12 02:55
Lol, true, true. Instead of "Congratulations" they should all be saying, "Lookout!"

DDD

it is out of friendship you say that..............OK i tell them to RUN RUN RUN and don't look back
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

Quote from: Gopher on Jul 05 12 02:41
Their optimism?
Soooooo
"Congratulations on having the optimism your marriage will work even though the odds are against you" 
lol
"Good luck" seems more suitable.

Natasha

Quote from: DDD on Jul 05 12 04:06
it is out of friendship you say that..............OK i tell them to RUN RUN RUN and don't look back
Then it's ok to say things to your friends you don't mean?
lol @ run and don't look back.
I asked him today how things were going. He said "faaaaantastic". I responded with "yeah well give it 2 wks"

DDD

well u mean it..........we all wish for the best things for people we like

Natasha

Quote from: DDD on Jul 05 12 04:50
well u mean it..........we all wish for the best things for people we like
Yes we do but congratulations implies you've already accomplished something. Getting married isn't an accomplishment, it's more like another chapter in ones life.

DDD

Agree so u are congratulating them on this next chapter then

Natasha

What about "congratulations" to their last chapter and "Good luck" on their next  :D

DDD

LOL........me thinks u have been married LOL

Natasha

LOL  you know I have!

DDD

RUN RUN RUN.................me toooooooooooooo

Natasha

LOL
You'll be fine  :-*