Inside illegal online financial data trading forums

Started by TehBorken, Apr 03 06 10:00

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[h3]Inside illegal online financial data trading forums         [/h3] Snip from a NYT report by Tom Zeller about online forums where criminals who buy and sell other people's financial data congregate: [blockquote] "My prices are lowers then most of other vendors have and I will deliver them in real time," reads a typically fractured Zo0mer post. [/p]At the same forum, another user, "tabbot," offers "any U.S. bank accounts" for sale. "Balance from 3K and above: $40," he writes. "Regular brokerage accounts from 3K and above: $70." [/p]Tabbot also offers full access to hacked accounts from credit unions. One, with a $31,000 balance, is being sold for $400. "I can try search specific info such as signature, ssn, dob, email access," tabbot writes. "Account with an extra info will be more expensive."[/p][/blockquote][a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/03/business/03link.html?ex=1301716800&en=55033b47ad44b947&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss"]Link[/a] to "Countless Dens of Uncatchable Thieves."    
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.