USCIS makes the Postal Service look efficient and caring...

Started by TehBorken, Feb 17 12 10:07

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Seriously, the people at USCIS are retarded jerks, and that's about the nicest thing I can say about them.

We applied for my wife's US Citizenship and got the notice for the "final" biometrics, scheduled for January 19th. On the 19th we head down to DHS/USCIS in a pretty ugly snowstorm and fight our way down to Tukwila where the office is. Traffic was just insane, driving conditions were gruesome, but we weren't going to miss this appointment for ANYTHING.

We get down there only to find out that DHS has closed the building due to snow. (WTF?? I mean, WE could get there, why couldn't they??)

So anyway, the office is closed. We get back home and I call USCIS. We're told just to "sit tight" and that since they were the ones that canceled the appointment they would reschedule it and contact us.

So we wait. And wait. And wait. Over the next 3 weeks I call them 4 times asking when we can expect to hear from them. Each time we're told to "be patient", "sit tight", and not to worry, that they'll contact us. They wouldn't tell us how long it might be before we heard from them. Estimates ranged from "a couple of weeks" to "six months" (!!!).

Yesterday I called again and wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. After a bit of yelling and arm-twisting we're told that it's our responsbility to contact USCIS for a new appointment, even though they were the ones that canceled it. WTF??

That's right- if we'd just sat passively we would have been waiting until the Sun burned out, because USCIS "does not and will not reschedule appointments" that they cancel due to weather. You have to contact them, even if they're the ones that screwed everything up.

What a bunch of a**holes. :(

So we sent them a certified, return-receipt letter requesting a new appointment, and we requested that they expedite it because we lost nearly a month due to their incompetence.

We'll see what happens. *&#^&@%!
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Natasha

Seems like someone would have shared that information with you sooner instead of telling you to sit tight.
I don't mind if I have do the rescheduling but I hate when no one tells me I have to. Why would anyone just assume they're responsible for rescheduling an appointment they didn't cancel?
Hope everything gets worked out soon.

DDD

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Russ

Quote from: DDD on Feb 17 12 04:11
Typical F#@%&*$ Government

I agree. Somehow, they make all these rules and regulations with all these obscure procedures.. dont tell you or have it easily out there for you. BUT its your responsibility. Not theirs.

I have issues with this attitude.. as they are public servants. They are there for YOU/ US. Not the other way around
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Natasha

Quote from: Russ on Mar 01 12 09:29
I have issues with this attitude.. as they are public servants. They are there for YOU/ US. Not the other way around
DDD is my public servant  :D
;)

DDD

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!