RIP, Whitney Houston

Started by TehBorken, Feb 12 12 07:40

Previous topic - Next topic

DDD

while i will say one thing wish they would leave her alone (media) all the bs about her now

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

^ I agree. I noticed this morning the media saying answers are being pushed for. That's just a nice way of saying "we're looking for someone to blame".... so annoying. People just accidently die sometimes. We may not like it but that's life.

purelife

I came across this interesting image/quote:

DDD

purelife thats what i was talking about

Natasha

Quote from: purelife on Feb 16 12 09:47
I came across this interesting image/quote:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/2i7wydu.jpg)
So strange that you share that because this morning as I was getting ready, a commercial for UNICEF came on asking for money to help feed, clothe and medicate children in other countries. I know that's a real problem which needs attention and money. I always have silly thoughts like "if I were richest person ever, I'd help every child and these problems wouldn't exist" but this morning I found myself wondering why isn't something done so adults in those countries don't have kids to begin with? I mean children can't suffer if they're never born, right? I've never seen a commercial or even heard of a program that offers sterilization. Wonder why that is?

Was a little off topic from Whitney  :D  but the pic brought it up.

DDD

I agree with you ......... if you don't have them they dont starve.............

Russ

Quote from: DDD on Feb 17 12 04:09
I agree with you ......... if you don't have them they dont starve.............

You can throw money and food at africa.. but it doesn't solve the root of the problem. You just enable the problem to carry on. And get bigger.

Much like Welfare. Its there for assistance when its needed, use it if you need it.. It's not a lifestyle.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Excellent, purelife
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Natasha

Quote from: Russ on Mar 01 12 09:35

You can throw money and food at africa.. but it doesn't solve the root of the problem. You just enable the problem to carry on. And get bigger.

Much like Welfare. Its there for assistance when its needed, use it if you need it.. It's not a lifestyle.
I've read that only 1 in 5 charities actually give the funding to Africa anyway. That's probably the case with many charities though. What I really hate are the commercials for saving pets. I love animals but I value human life more and I'd rather see funding go to that cause first.
I agree with the Welfare comment. Sadly that's the case for so many. I'd like to see tougher rules for those on Welfare and perhaps mandatory sterilization for those who raise so many kids on government assistance or don't pay child support. Bugs the hell outta me that people just keep having kids when they can't afford to properly provide for them. A friend of mine used to joke about having her kids less than 2yrs apart so she wouldn't lose one part of her assistance..... she's pregnant with child #6 now  ::)