RIP, Whitney Houston

Started by TehBorken, Feb 12 12 07:40

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

RIP, Whitney Houston. :(

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Natasha

So sad to see such a talented and beautiful woman overcome by addiction  :(

DDD

dead druggy............next
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

^ how compassionate

Gopher

DDD

She had more than most EVER get in her life....talent, cash, love of stranges........

and pissed it all away on drugs I am tired of people saying "o poor them" (Hollywood peolpe)

I will reserve this for the person that has worked hard all there life and gets hit by a car "poor them"

TehBorken

Quote from: Natasha on Feb 13 12 02:35^ how compassionate

Yes, I was overcome by his...compassion as well.

DDD, no one here is saying "Oh, poor Whitney, etc etc etc...", at least not that I've seen. 

She was a  talented and beautiful woman who was overcome by addiction, and I think it's sad. Her voice and  singing in her early albums were nothing short of phenomenal. She was tremendously talented, and in the few interviews I saw she seemed to be a genuinely nice person.

The fact that she ran off the rails with drugs or whatever doesn't change that, and it doesn't change how sad it is that she died because of it. In some ways, it makes it even sadder.

What's next, criticizing Stevie Ray Vaughn for getting in that helicopter?

Natasha

Quote from: DDD on Feb 13 12 03:15
She had more than most EVER get in her life....talent, cash, love of stranges........

and pissed it all away on drugs I am tired of people saying "o poor them" (Hollywood peolpe)

I will reserve this for the person that has worked hard all there life and gets hit by a car "poor them"
Yes she had more than most will ever have and that wasn't GIVEN to her. She worked for it (and I'm guessing she worked hard for it), earned it and her talent made it known that she deserved it. She wasn't just a talented woman with lots of cash and the love of strangers. She was also a mother. As with many families who have loved ones struggling with addiction, the family members keep hope that those addictions will be conquered. To see a mother defeated by her demons and leaving her children motherless, is indeed quite sad. No one should ever belittle someones memory simply because they didn't die the right way.

Natasha

Quote from: TehBorken on Feb 13 12 04:23

She was a  talented and beautiful woman who was overcome by addiction, and I think it's sad.
Especially since she did attempt rehab. Would be a little different had there been no attempt at all.
QuoteThe fact that she ran off the rails with drugs or whatever doesn't change that, and it doesn't change how sad it is that she died because of it. In some ways, it makes it even sadder.
I totally agree.

Gopher

DDD

The fact that she ran off the rails with drugs or whatever doesn't change that, and it doesn't change how sad it is that she died because of it. In some ways, it makes it even sadder.

Nope makes her and thousands like her fools and just shows how little she cared about her familly......

Drugs 1st - familly 2nd........... She flushed her life down the drain. No one did this to her she did it herself.

Just cause she could sing people are upset but for the thousands like her that die this way people don't care. Singing does not make her speacial just another fool that died over getting high

TehBorken

Quote from: DDD on Feb 14 12 08:42Drugs 1st - familly 2nd........... She flushed her life down the drain. No one did this to her she did it herself.

Actually, just as in the case of Michael Jackson, it looks like she had plenty of help in screwing up her life. Just like Michael Jackson, she was surrounded by people who could have/should have been looking out for her, but they were only interested in marketing her and making money, no matter what the cost.

Yes, she gets a lion's share of the blame, but she also had a crew of enablers that helped her every step of the way.

Quote from: DDD on Feb 14 12 08:42Singing does not make her speacial just another fool that died over getting high

Remember to say this if your child falls in with the wrong crowd and ends up strung out on heroin. Even if they provide him all the drugs he can use and do their best to keep you from finding out or doing anything about it. Remember, it's all his fault, he's just another fool that died getting high, right?

DDD

Natasha

Quote from: DDD on Feb 14 12 08:42
Nope makes her and thousands like her fools and just shows how little she cared about her familly......

Drugs 1st - familly 2nd...........
She did attempt rehab so Drugs 1st - Family 2nd may not be entirely true. The fact that she couldn't stay clean to me doesn't show lack of priorties or love. Just shows how weak she really was.
QuoteShe flushed her life down the drain. No one did this to her she did it herself.
Ultimately, yes.

QuoteJust cause she could sing people are upset but for the thousands like her that die this way people don't care.
People care. Just no one you know or have ever heard of. No matter who you are someone out there DOES care about you and your death will make an impact. Grieving is for everyone. It's not restricted to celebrities only.
QuoteSinging does not make her speacial just another fool that died over getting high
Doesn't make her special but did make her well known.