You did not tell us how the plumbing fix went...............what they do  :-\
What ever it took  :) 

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Natasha

DDD

Quote from: Natasha on Feb 02 12 02:13
What ever it took  :)

Thats not an answer.........did they dig a trench? or just snake it out...replace pipe  ???
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

Quote from: DDD on Feb 02 12 03:29

Thats not an answer.........did they dig a trench? or just snake it out...replace pipe  ???
lol
Well I know my toilet was in my LR for a bit  :D  eventually a snake was put to use and septic tank was emptied. Apparently some other things were done as well. All that matters is, it's done, it's paid for and everything works  :) 

DDD

Quote from: Natasha on Feb 02 12 04:24
lol
Well I know my toilet was in my LR for a bit  :D  eventually a snake was put to use and septic tank was emptied. Apparently some other things were done as well. All that matters is, it's done, it's paid for and everything works  :)

Did they explain how to look after your septic system? but if I recall correctly i think no matter how you look after them you have to pump them out sooner or later??

Natasha

Yes, some things were explained and some suggestions were given.

Russ

The one my parents have on the island, needs to be pumped out every 5-7 years. Its a septic field type, but still needs to be pumped out. They flush down tablets once a week to facilitate the bacteria breakdown.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Natasha

Quote from: Russ on Feb 02 12 07:57
The one my parents have on the island, needs to be pumped out every 5-7 years. Its a septic field type, but still needs to be pumped out. They flush down tablets once a week to facilitate the bacteria breakdown.
I thought about using the same type of product. The septic man actually suggested buttermilk as a better alternative. Never heard of using buttermilk though so I'm not sure if I'll go that route or not.

Russ

Havent heard of buttermilk either, but to be honest, you just need something that rots quick with a high concentration of microbes for breaking down the sewage.
Dairy products are usually good, so buttermilk would work.
Onboard the vessels, we leave chunks of chicken out for a few days, then throw it into the sewage plant. We could use the chemicals and tablets we have, but bits of chicken thats gone off works REALLY well. You just want something to jump the microbe count for the sewage breakdown. Most times it isnt needed, but if any chemical goes down the toilet, it kills all the microbes. Which is why most companies tell you to put in the chemicals.. it will restart the microbes if they have been killed off. The tablets are also good because they are time delay release.. in other words it will continue to work over a few days, if chemicals are still killing off microbes...

DDD

Either way they are still a pain in the ass

Russ

Quote from: DDD on Feb 03 12 09:32
Either way they are still a pain in the ass

The Best statement to suit this. LOL

Natasha

Quote from: Russ on Feb 03 12 09:31
Havent heard of buttermilk either, but to be honest, you just need something that rots quick with a high concentration of microbes for breaking down the sewage.
Dairy products are usually good, so buttermilk would work.
Ok so maybe I'll try the buttermilk afterall  :D

Natasha

Quote from: Russ on Feb 03 12 09:47

The Best statement to suit this. LOL
:D  I completely agree!

DDD

|