Rick Perry Sets A New Youtube Record

Started by TehBorken, Dec 11 11 08:41

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Lol...a Youtube record for the most "disliked" video in Youtube's history. It's disliked even more than Rebecca Black's "Friday" music video which was stupendously horrific even with the sound turned off.

Just so you know, Rick Perry's "I-hate-those-darn-gays" video has a 0.02% "like" rate, which for most statisticians wouldn't even count as a rounding error.

Finally...if Rick Perry hates gays soooooooooo much, why is he wearing a jacket identical to one worn by actor Heath Ledger in his famous role as a closet homosexual in "Brokeback Mountain"?

Quiz Time: Which person below is the repressed gay cowboy??

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

I can't make it play, but I can well imagine that it's TRUE CRAP.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Here it is...the one above is just an image. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PAJNntoRgA

"I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian, but you don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.
As President, I'll end Obama's war on religion. And I'll fight against liberal attacks on our religious heritage.
Faith made America strong. It can make her strong again.
I'm Rick Perry and I approve this message.
"

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Orik

The video could of been worded a whole lot better, than the way it was done, but the message it contains is quite true. We used to have daily prayer in our schools, there used to be motivational programs in school some of them where programs run by the church.

They got rid of those  motivational activities and they introduced no new after or during school activity programs in there places. Then there is this they now have books in the school library and they are teaching that in a school curriculum so our 5 year old children get to learn why It is OK for Maria to have 2 mommy's and why Tommy has two dads..

But we can not teach those same children about Choice and allow for them to be taught about Religion or the 10 commandments. So that is wrong but it is ok to teach them about homosexuality Now that in it's self bothers me. There is a lot about our educational system that needs to be rewritten and a fair bit more that needs to be changed in our society.

There is little about that message to state he hates gays, it is just very poorly written & that makes the video come across in a manner. the way that was said makes the video seem like he is insensitive or that he hates gays. That may or may not be true about him.

What I do hear is his frustration about not being able to teach his religion in school anymore. Mean while what used to be taught has all been replaced with them teaching about homosexuality in its place instead. There is a lot wrong with that Video and with our Educational system. I do not fault the man for speaking about how he feels at least he is being relatively honest.

Can you say the same ?
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

DDD

I did not watch the vid but i have to agree with Orik
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

TehBorken

Quote from: Orik on Dec 12 11 03:54We used to have daily prayer in our schools, there used to be motivational programs in school some of them where programs run by the church.

And daily prayer in schools was bullshit. It did nothing but perpetuate the magical sky-daddy fable.

Quote from: Orik on Dec 12 11 03:54our 5 year old children get to learn why It is OK for Maria to have 2 mommy's and why Tommy has two dads..

And why should they not learn about this? I have news for you- gay people have existed since Day One and they're a part of everyday life, part of the world around us. Suppressing the very idea that there are gay people is not going to do anyone any good, and just helps keep the discrimination against gay people going.

Quote from: Orik on Dec 12 11 03:54But we can not teach those same children about Choice and allow for them to be taught about Religion or the 10 commandments.

You want to learn about religion and some invisible telepathic super-being, fine- go to church and learn all you want. But not in school. Schools should not be teaching fairy tales as if they were fact.

Quote from: Orik on Dec 12 11 03:54makes the video seem like he is insensitive or that he hates gays. That may or may not be true about him. 

May or may not be true?? He's a right-wing evangelical whacko....do you really think for one second that he's not biased against gays?? His Holy Book tells him to put gays to death, so you tell me what you think his feelings are toward gays.

Quote from: Orik on Dec 12 11 03:54So that is wrong but it is ok to teach them about homosexuality Now that in it's self bothers me.

Why should people not be taught about homosexuality? Do you think ignoring and marginalizing it is going to make things better? What's your hangup all about? Exactly what are you scared of?

Quote from: Orik on Dec 12 11 03:54There is little about that message to state he hates gays,

Are you kidding me??? Are we watching the same video, Orik?? Those darn gays, wanting to serve openly in the military! How dare they want to risk life and limb to defend this country! How dare they not want to be discriminated against! They're as bad as those people in wheelchairs who demand access to stores, just like regular people! Why, they even want their own parking spaces, the bastards. In fact, I don't want my children learning about people in wheelchairs in school. I'm sure you'll agree, Orik.

Quote from: Orik on Dec 12 11 03:54What I do hear is his frustration about not being able to teach his religion in school anymore.

GOOD. f*ck him and his faith-based agenda, and f*ck all those who think that believing in fairy tales is a solution to life's problems.

Quote from: Orik on Dec 12 11 03:54Mean while what used to be taught has all been replaced with them teaching about homosexuality in its place instead.

Good- at least homosexuality is real, unlike stories about eternal life and punishment, and an invisible super-being who can read your thoughts and who knows everything, everywhere all the time.

Quote from: Orik on Dec 12 11 03:54I do not fault the man for speaking about how he feels at least he is being relatively honest.

Can you say the same ?

I sure can. I'm not going to give him brownie points for admitting he's homophobic and believes in a magical sky-daddy. f*ck that shit. That's insanity.

Natasha

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 13 11 09:12
And daily prayer in schools was bullshit. It did nothing but perpetuate the magical sky-daddy fable.
You have proof of this?^
I think if religion is going to be taught in school then a variety of religions should be offered and they should be offered as electives only. Same as homosexuality.

And why should they not learn about this?
They don't learn about being straight, do they? How can anyone ask for equally then expect special treatment?
QuoteSuppressing the very idea that there are gay people is not going to do anyone any good, and just helps keep the discrimination against gay people going.
Then shouldn't the class being taught focus on acceptance of one another? If we can teach people how to accept one another then sexuality wouldn't be an issue, neither would race, religion and so on.

QuoteSchools should not be teaching fairy tales as if they were fact.
So ban all talks of Santa in school as well. No more kids letters to The North Pole.  No more Santa coloring pages. No more Elf projects to take home to mommy/daddy. If kids want to know about Santa.... save that crap for home! Same with the Easter Bunny.

QuoteHis Holy Book tells him to put gays to death, so you tell me what you think his feelings are toward gays.
No one can ever honestly say what someone else feels. So asking a third partys opinion on another feelings is useless. Also, the Holy Book can be interpreted in different ways. Guess that's why some people believe events in life are working in their favor while others drink the Kool Aid.

QuoteWhy should people not be taught about homosexuality?
The technical aspects (and safety) of it are better suited for a sex ed class.. imo. But again, the issue shouldn't be focused on homosexuality. It should be acceptance in general.
QuoteDo you think ignoring and marginalizing it is going to make things better?
And you think forcing it on the public automatically means acceptance?

QuoteAre you kidding me??? Are we watching the same video, Orik?? Those darn gays, wanting to serve openly in the military!
I do think it's odd that they want to OPENLY serve. I have no problem with their need to serve. I respect those who step up to serve but why the title? Why can't the focus be on the issue at hand.... defending our country?  Sometimes I wonder if they think they're going to get something extra cause they're gay AND in the military. If they're sooo desperate to have a title... "soldier" "defender".... there's your title.

Quoteand f*ck all those who think that believing in fairy tales is a solution to life's problems.
lol  yea, darn you little kids who behave because you seriously believe some fat guy is going to bring you gifts. How dare you little children actually believe the North Pole has elves... losers! Fairy tale bullsh*t is what that is. I hate when little kids don't know this *sigh*

Quoteunlike stories about eternal life
As long as your blood line grows and your memory is kept alive then yes, eternal life is possible  :)
Quoteand an invisible super-being who can read your thoughts and who knows everything, everywhere all the time.
Do I really need to bring up Santa again?   ;)

TehBorken

Quote from: Natasha on Dec 14 11 10:30I think if religion is going to be taught in school then a variety of religions should be offered 

Sure. As long as religion isn't taught as though it's fact, I don't care. But praying in school? Nope, take it out back.

Quote from: Natasha on Dec 14 11 10:30They don't learn about being straight, do they? How can anyone ask for equally then expect special treatment? 

They certainly do learn about being straight, it's called "Health Class" and they learn all about their bodies, and they do indeed cover the part about where babies really come from. :) 

My son has taken the "Health" class course in public school just like millions of other high school students. So actually, they do learn about being straight.

Quote from: Natasha on Dec 14 11 10:30So ban all talks of Santa in school as well. No more kids letters to The North Pole.  No more Santa coloring pages. No more Elf projects to take home to mommy/daddy. If kids want to know about Santa.... save that crap for home! Same with the Easter Bunny.
No one can ever honestly say what someone else feels. So asking a third partys opinion on another feelings is useless. Also, the Holy Book can be interpreted in different ways. Guess that's why some people believe events in life are working in their favor while others drink the Kool Aid.

I have no idea what you're going on about. The issue is not about Santa or the Easter Bunny, it's about teaching the fact that gay people exist as part of the Health class curriculum.

DDD

No person or institution has the right to teach my kid right or wrong on matters like this.
They removed prayer / god out of the class room fine with me but to start to force their idea of what is right is not acceptable to me.
My personal thoughts on this this subject is just that my personal thoughts and should be left to the parents and kid to decide what is best for them.

TehBorken

Quote from: DDD on Dec 14 11 01:53No person or institution has the right to teach my kid right or wrong on matters like this.
They removed prayer / god out of the class room fine with me but to start to force their idea of what is right is not acceptable to me.

They aren't saying anything is "right", they're teaching the basic facts of life and human sexuality.

DDD

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 14 11 02:21
They aren't saying anything is "right", they're teaching the basic facts of life and human sexuality.

true but imo they are crossing lines on what should be taught in school as an non elective subject

TehBorken

Quote from: DDD on Dec 14 11 02:46true but imo they are crossing lines on what should be taught in school as an non elective subject

Where exactly is that line, though? At what point should they refuse to discuss the subject any further? It's like teaching astronomy but not talking about anything beyond Pluto's orbit.

DDD

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 14 11 04:45
Where exactly is that line, though? At what point should they refuse to discuss the subject any further? It's like teaching astronomy but not talking about anything beyond Pluto's orbit.

So if you go by this then why do we not teach about god..............let's see as not every person believes in a god or the same one just like not everybody is gay, bisexual, Necrophilia,  bestiality, monogamist. So why do we have to teach about gays in a classroom to kids that do not have a choice but to be there in order to pass. If you teach one you must teach them all no picking and choosing as this is discrimination against the ones you have not decided not to say are ok and natural. Let's see forgot about cross dressers as to some it is natural and therefore we should be teaching our elementary school kids to be free and cross-dress as some person has decided for their parents that this is ok.

TehBorken

I'm not afraid of my child learning about any of these things (gays, bisexuals, necrophilia,  bestiality, cross dressing, etc). He's going to learn about them at some point (if he hasn't already).

I'd much rather he get some sort of truthful, reliable information on any of these subjects in a structured setting than to "learn" about them via gossip, innuendo, and half-baked stories passed along from people that don't really have any idea what they're talking about.

In short, I'm not in favor of ignorance on any topic. A lack of knowledge is likely to cause more harm than not.

In the end it won't matter...your children are going to learn about these subjects one way or another. Personally I'd rather have them learn the facts in a classroom than on the street or in a bedroom after a few too many drinks.

As far as what's "natural", I don't think that should be a basis for what's taught or not. Electricity and law aren't "natural"...should we stop teaching them?

Quote from: DDD on Dec 15 11 08:33So why do we have to teach about gays in a classroom to kids that do not have a choice but to be there in order to pass

For that matter, why do we have to teach about algebra in a classroom to kids that do not have a choice but to be there in order to pass?

All your arguments fall apart when examined critically, DDD. Face it- the idea of gay people makes you uncomfortable...and that's okay. No one says you have to be comfortable with everything. But if you think that by ignoring them or not discussing them they'll magically go away or cease to be a part of everyday life, you're in for a rough ride.

Quote from: DDD on Dec 15 11 08:33So if you go by this then why do we not teach about god..............let's see as not every person believes in a god or the same one just like not everybody is gay, bisexual, Necrophilia,  bestiality, monogamist. So why do we have to teach about gays in a classroom to kids that do not have a choice but to be there in order to pass. If you teach one you must teach them all no picking and choosing as this is discrimination against the ones you have not decided not to say are ok and natural. Let's see forgot about cross dressers as to some it is natural and therefore we should be teaching our elementary school kids to be free and cross-dress as some person has decided for their parents that this is ok.