inserting youtube video failure

Started by Orik, Dec 10 11 12:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Orik

So what is the proper BBC Format for inserting youtube videos on to this forum sometimes it works fine and I see the videos I wanted to post while at other times it doesn't work for shit so all I end up seeing is the damned Url Link

Another question why is there no youtube Icon for quick posting these youtube links

One would also think they could find instruction about it in the the BBC help section but its not listed there either.
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

TehBorken

Usually all you need to do is post the bare link with no extra URL arguments, i.e.

h t t p : / / w w w . y o u t u b e . c o m/watch?v=4KTMKi7mzYM
(spaces added so it doesn't automatically post the video)

Don't use any of the other junk that might be in the URL, for example

&feature=BFa&list=WL8ED19AAE81C64F0E&lf=BFp

If you post *just* the main url, it'll normally work fine. You can also use the "short" youtube link format as well (if it exists).

Quote from: Orik on Dec 10 11 12:42
So what is the proper BBC Format for inserting youtube videos on to this forum sometimes it works fine and I see the videos I wanted to post while at other times it doesn't work for shit so all I end up seeing is the damned Url Link

Another question why is there no youtube Icon for quick posting these youtube links

One would also think they could find instruction about it in the the BBC help section but its not listed there either.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Orik

Well that does work sometimes but other times it does not.

Thanks for replying TehBorken. With so many forums using different methods to post a Video link in to the forum it can be a bit confusing figuring out just what bbc code to use. The simple version of just posting the video files url method when it works is great.

I can only assume I did something wrong with my other Video linked urls at least the ones that end up with them just posting a link instead of the video on that link.

Now can you explain by what you mean as for the short format I know in some forums you just have to post the following in the middle of the BBC tags to get it to post.

v = 4KTMKi7mzYM
or
4 K T MKi7mzYM
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

TehBorken

Quote from: Orik on Dec 10 11 04:02Now can you explain by what you mean as for the short format I know in some forums you just have to post the following in the middle of the BBC tags to get it to post.

v = 4KTMKi7mzYM
or
4 K T MKi7mzYM

You have to have the "/watch?v=4KTMKi7mzYM" part, plus the base URL (www.youtube.com/ (http://www.youtube.com/)).

By "short URL", I mean the "y2u.be" link converter.

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/youtube_gets_shorter_links_too.php (http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/youtube_gets_shorter_links_too.php)

To use youtu.be manually, simply take a URL like h t t p ://w w w.y o u t u b e.com/watch?v=FdeioVndUhs and replace the "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" with "h t t p:// y o u t u . b e/" to get:  h t t p : / / y o u t u.be/FdeioVndUhs Plug that shorter URL into a browser, and you'll see it redirects to that video.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Orik

Thanks for explaining that. That is some good info to know, I like learning new things as long as they are not to complicated and that seems pretty simple. Plus it is good to know where I was making mistakes in my previous posts. Now if I could just go back and fix the post with a proper working link.

The one thing I dislike about the new forum is the that I can no longer fix a thread I posted 2 days or 2 years ago. Since that is not going to happen, since there is now a maximum of 5 minutes before a threads being able to be modified/ edited is locked. =) I will just have to learn to live with seeing my spelling mistakes or what other errors I made. I really do dislike that I can no longer repair those mistakes no matter how much seeing those mistakes bothers me...

Is anyone else on here as obsessed with fixing the mistakes they made in a topic or post made? And are they still annoyed at seeing there mistakes even when that thread or post is from 2 years ago or more? I can speak only for myself if I see a mistake on something I posted. It bothers me to no end when I can not fix that mistake even if no one else notices it or cares.