:( :( :(

Started by TehBorken, Nov 28 11 04:33

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

I just found out that a friend of mine died this afternoon. :(

He was pretty sick for a week or so, but he couldn't go see a doctor because he had no insurance.

He got sicker and sicker, and a friend of his took him to the hospital this morning, but it was too late. He was in the hospital for a few hours, getting worse and worse, and then died this afternoon about 1:30 or so.

f*ck. :(
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

DDD

Sorry to hear this its tough to have a buddy die

all cause he had no insurance
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

That's so sad. I'm sorry.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

So sorry TehBorken.  Do you know what was wrong with him ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

Quote from: P.C. on Nov 29 11 07:37So sorry TehBorken.  Do you know what was wrong with him ?

It's a little complicated...I'm still finding out what happened. Apparently his teeth got into very, very bad shape and he couldn't/wouldn't go see a dentist or doctor (no insurance, no money for medical expenses). I'm not sure, but they think this caused a massive, massive infection which eventually killed him. The ER doctor said that his whole body was filled with infection and that even if they'd gotten him to a doctor months ago they might not have been able to save him. He had sepsis and it just overwhelmed him. He had lost a lot of weight and was shockingly thin, almost skeletal.

I hadn't seen him for ~6 months or so and had no idea this was happening; apparently he hid his medical problems from everyone, including me. And from what I understand his teeth had been deteriorating for several years and had gotten seriously infected.

After talking to another friend of his, we both think that the infection altered his brain chemistry and really changed his personality (something we both noticed). He had become very mean, very short-tempered, and frankly, very unpleasant to be around. And we think it was due to the massive infection that was raging in his body, affecting his brain. It was his body, but the person inside wasn't him anymore. :(

All this could have been averted with some minor preventative care...but this country won't do shit for you if you can't pay for a doctor. This country has billions of dollars to spend on bankers and bombs, but not a f*cking cent for a trip to the dentist. His death was absolutely 100% avoidable.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

That's heartbreaking.  As if unavoidable death isn't bad enough, avoidable death is a crime.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

DDD

sounds like a painful way to go..........all over teeth and cash totally sucks
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Orik

It is Sickening to think that this was a preventable death. But what is worse than that fact is this fact.

No one person will ever be able to be held accountable for his preventable and needless death.

My Condolences for your loss The Borken.
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.