Don't know whether to laugh or cry

Started by TehBorken, Nov 22 11 08:22

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Holy sh**.....I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I have a good friend that I just got back in touch with after 20 years of lost contact. We've been getting together, catching up on old times, etc etc. We occasionally send each other funny pics or pics of lovely ladies we find on the net. The other day someone sent me a pic of a girl with a cute butt (not an explicit pic or anything like that), and I forwarded it to him. This was his response:

"Are you nuts? What made you think I would want to see a picture like this of your wife? You have some serious issues."

Now let me be really clear about this:  the pic was NOT of my wife! I would never send a picture like that of my wife out to anyone, ever.

So I call him up to explain, he answers the phone and says "Don't call me anymore" and hangs up. He won't answer his phone when I call, won't talk to me, won't answer my emails, nothing.

He actually thinks I sent him a pic of my wife's butt, and is apparently so offended that he doesn't want anything more to do with me.  So apparently I've lost a friend that I've known for decades over an utterly ridiculous  misunderstanding. And he won't even give me the chance to explain that that's *not* my wife in the picture.

So like I said, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. In a way it's funny, but also rather sad.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

DDD

I would just e mail him saying not my wife butt in the tittle but you have to also look at it just how good of a friend was he not even giving you a chance to explain.

So cry a little bit then laugh about it and f**k him for not being a true friend  IMO
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

An email entitled "Not my wifes butt"  :D  that's funny but it should work. 
What I don't understand is why the friend would assume you'd (TB) share that type of pic of your wife. If you two have been friends for soooo long, you'd think he'd know better.

TehBorken

Quote from: Natasha on Nov 25 11 06:32An email entitled "Not my wifes butt"  :D  that's funny but it should work. 

First thing I tried when I realized he was serious. Didn't work. For all I know, my email goes right to his trashcan now. I've no idea.

Quote from: Natasha on Nov 25 11 06:32What I don't understand is why the friend would assume you'd (TB) share that type of pic of your wife. If you two have been friends for soooo long, you'd think he'd know better.

Yes, he should know me better. That's one of the things that baffles me. Why in the world would he think I'd *ever* send that kind of picture to him, and why wouldn't he take 5 seconds to see if that what it really was before having a meltdown?

It's too weird.

DDD

Think he had someone looking over his shoulder at the time  :o

Natasha

Quote from: TehBorken on Nov 26 11 02:06
First thing I tried when I realized he was serious. Didn't work. For all I know, my email goes right to his trashcan now. I've no idea.

Yes, he should know me better. That's one of the things that baffles me. Why in the world would he think I'd *ever* send that kind of picture to him, and why wouldn't he take 5 seconds to see if that what it really was before having a meltdown?

It's too weird.
Maybe he just needs some time to process everything. Hopefully, he'll realize he might have overreacted then give you a chance to explain yourself. If he's really your friend, he wont stay mad at you. That's how true friendship works. However, if he never gives you a chance to explain then you should consider yourself blessed. You don't need someone in your life who is going assume the worst of you.

TehBorken

Quote from: Natasha on Nov 28 11 01:15Maybe he just needs some time to process everything.

Or maybe he just needs a #$&^! brain operation and a few spare IQ points. lol

Quote from: Natasha on Nov 28 11 01:15However, if he never gives you a chance to explain then you should consider yourself blessed. You don't need someone in your life who is going assume the worst of you.

That's the way I feel. Honestly, if he came to his senses and apologized right now, I'm not even sure if I'd still want anything to do with him at this point.

The underlying question is what is (was) my friendship really worth to him, if he's willing to do something like this at the drop of a hat?  I mean, what will it be the "trigger" next time- wearing white shoes with a black socks? Using the wrong fork at dinner?

Natasha

Quote from: TehBorken on Nov 28 11 04:08
Or maybe he just needs a #$&^! brain operation and a few spare IQ points. lol
I was thinking a swift kick in the ass but that'll ^ do.

QuoteThat's the way I feel. Honestly, if he came to his senses and apologized right now, I'm not even sure if I'd still want anything to do with him at this point.
Don't blame you. Then again if he apologized, deciding the worth of the friendship would be up to you. Guess you'll have to wait and see.

Quotewhat will it be the "trigger" next time- wearing white shoes with a black socks?
Depends on whether or not it's after Labor Day  ;)
QuoteUsing the wrong fork at dinner?
Get hot dogs and avoid the forks all together  :)

P.C.

Maybe it was a picture of HIS wife's butt. 
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

DDD

Quote from: P.C. on Nov 29 11 07:45
Maybe it was a picture of HIS wife's butt. 

LOL i was thinking that butt YOU said it

Orik

sad. It is very sad, that a good friend could even think such a thing..
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.