What's the mosty important lesson in life you've learned (so far)?

Started by Gopher, Nov 17 11 07:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

I think mine is not to persist in fighting losing battles
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

Wanting what you have is better than having what you want.

P.C.

I like both those.

Mine would be that, procrastination is a waste of time and energy.  It occupies more time in and space in your mind than it's worth. 
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Natasha

^ all those and
The more I do today the less I'll have to do tomorrow.
That's rarely true but it keeps me moving, keeps me busy, helps me stay on top of everything and does leave ME time  :)
Another..
I hurt if I don't and I hurt if I do so I might as well do and make good use of my day.

DDD

why not just kill her...................................If you can't do the time don't do the crime
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

P.C.

TehBorken

DDD

If you can't do the time don't do the crime

Thats the saying and the other was  :-X

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

TehBorken

"Don't pee on an electric fence."

It may not be the most important lesson I ever learned, but I guarantee it's one I'll never forget.

Gopher

Now we're getting into farting against thunder and pissing against the wind territory.

Sportsdude

I was told to move back to Vancouver after I aquired wealth and became rich by a former NPA candidate in 2008.
Lesson: Rich people are clueless

A former B.C. Premier to me: "What the hell are you doing all the way up here?" (The Premier in question went to a university in my city of birth for social work.)
Lesson: "Good question, I don't really know. For school, I guess." My response

"What were you doing in Russell, Manitoba?" - Gold medallist Jon Montgomery to me. Lesson: a) don't date girls from Saskatoon; b) Never take the Yellowhead from Winnipeg to Saskatoon.

"He once skipped out on a vote in the legislature to get a sandwich across the street. We were suddenly short a vote, and had to delay passing our own bill for 2hrs as half the caucus went out to search for him." A high ranking Victoria MLA to me during a caucus meeting in 2009 about an infamous, American born, Vietnam era draft dodger-turned MLA from the Kootenays. Lesson: Don't skip things.

"Strange people live in the Kootenays." - Lesson: see above.

"She went to an island that is off the grid for the weekend. Mud-huts."

"The weird people with pink hair live in Portland."

Never take a female friend who, while a Canadian citizen, was born in a country on the "axis of evil" across the U.S. border - and thus no longer seen as Canadian - for a day trip that involves only you and your friend. On the other hand, however, having your Mexican roommate and his girlfriend drive your car from Seattle to Vancouver with you trying to fall asleep with an upset stomach in the backseat is not a problem.

Never get stuck in a snow storm between Bellingham and the border. The Washington Department of Transportation refuses to plough I-5 past the last exit out of Bellingham.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

:-\   

What to say.  Those are some interesting lessons you learned there SD.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Wow, some great lessons had by all.

Mine would be not to sweat the small things and bite your tongue at certain times.