So how do I get spell Check to work on this new forum?

Started by Orik, Oct 20 11 10:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Orik

All right I can not get Firefox and the spell checker to work on this new looking forum and it is pissing me off all my spelling mistakes are showing up us underlined in red, but I have no option to right click and replace them with correct words.  There is also no cut and paste feature  on here any more

So what the f*ck has happened to all the right click features TehBorken ?

I love all the new shit that's been added  some of it is pretty cool but I am very picky about my spelling and I spell atrociosly < spelled wrong but I have no way of knowing where it is spelled wrong cause I have no option to select the correct spelled version of it.

I need my spell-checker I also liked the now missing cut and paste feature

So is there any plan to fix those missing features ?
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

TehBorken

While writing a post, click on the Format button
All of the unrecognized and misspelled words will have a line under them. Right-clicking in Firefox will bring up the spell check menu.

Quote from: Orik on Oct 20 11 10:55I need my spell-checker I also liked the now missing cut and paste feature

What do you mean by "no cut and paste"? Cutting and pasting work fine as near as I can tell.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Orik

Well when I first wrote my thread there was no format button. Nor  was there any of that other info available. there where no smilies no context menue with what i am seeing now. Perhaps there was something that was not loading or working when I first started to reply to threads what ever it is or was it no longer applies.

But I honestly had no right click options  to select or use. The area where it says cut copy & paste was missing from the right click menu that pops up when you use the right mouse button.  There was no selection of words showing up when I right clicked a word that was underlined in red.

So whatever was not working from before is fixed because it all seems to be working just fine now. I do find it rather frustrating to say the least. I also can not figure out what was not working whether it was from the site or just from my PC. A mysterious error that has me rather befuddled as to what caused it. And befuddling my mind is a easy thing to do particularly when one is on there third day of insomnia. Which I currently am. Time to take some of these sleeping tablets and hope they are strong enough to send me to sleep.

Though I do have another question

How long is the ability to modify a thread we have made available to us?

I noticed after I posted there was a modify my thread section but after I left the thread and signed back in there was no way to modify my comments after that. Example I had left the thread and then came back to it a couple of hours later during which I noticed my grammatical spelling errors I wished to correct. So  I log back in to the site to fix them and now I notice the modify button is missing.

I must say I do like the ability to edit my threads because there are times I wish to correct my atrocious spelling or I just wish to clarify a thought I had.  Or when one needs to fix sentence structure or rewrite something they wrote for whatever reason. Perhaps some one needs to edit what they have written previously.  Now it does nto seem to be available after X time frame.

I know on some web sites its available all the time and on other sites it is available for only 5-15 minutes. . Like here Before the update I  used to be able to edit posts I made days months or even years ago Which is very nice thing to have. Such as when you see the gibberish I wrote  from before I had a day to sober up or in my case a chance to get some real sleep. Posting on a public forum when one is seriously sleep deprived or under the influence of some powerful opiates is never a good thing.  :D

Well I am being a long winded bore again so I will stop typing and log out now.  Have a good day everybody.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

TehBorken

Quote from: Orik on Oct 21 11 11:29
But I honestly had no right click options  to select or use. The area where it says cut copy & paste was missing from the right click menu that pops up when you use the right mouse button.

It was you, lol. The board doesn't have any stuff that affects the right-click menu. If you don't have anything selected and you right-click, you don't get the copy/paste options in Windows.

Quote from: Orik on Oct 21 11 11:29
Though I do have another question

How long is the ability to modify a thread we have made available to us?

The 'courtesy edit wait time' is set at ~5 minutes .

Orik

is there any chance of having that changed to 15 minutes for some of us slow as hell posters ?

TehBorken

How about 10 minutes? If you really really need it longer than that, PM me.

Quote from: Orik on Oct 21 11 08:11
is there any chance of having that changed to 15 minutes for some of us slow as hell posters ?

DDD

Quote from: Orik on Oct 21 11 08:11

LOL in that case I need 2 days to see my spelling mistakes or fixes needed
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!