Some New Stuff

Started by TehBorken, Oct 19 11 03:10

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

A few on things that this new version of the board lets us do, some new features, and some notes.

-- We have a very nice Member Map (http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php?action=googlemap) now, something that several people asked for on the old board.

-- The post editor is HTML-capable by default, very similar to the previous one.

-- You can upload images as well as link to them. Pictures do have a max size limit (800x800 I think).

-- You can pick your own smiley set in your Forum Profile

-- There's an open board where guests can post (http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/board,4.0.html), no registration needed. We'll see how that works out, lol.

-- For obvious reasons, guests can't post links at this time.

-- You can post videos very easily- just paste in the URL to the video for any of the following sites:

Youtube
Youtube (Short Url)
Yahoo
Vimeo
College Humor
DailyMotion
Funnyordie.com
JibJab
LiveLeak

For example to post a Youtube video, just paste in the URL like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAp3Esp6gs0

If you post the URL above, you'll see this in the post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAp3Esp6gs0

Here's a complete list of all the sites we can enable this for, but most of them aren't worth bother with.
(If there are some of these that you want turned on, let me know.)

BET, BlogDumpsVideo, Bungie.net, Clipfish.de, Clipshack, Clipsyndicate PlayLists, CNN iReport, College Humor, Comedy Central, Crackle, DailyMotion, Espn, Facebook, Funnyordie.com, G4tv, Gametrailers, Goear, Google Maps, Google Video, HostingBulk.com, HostingCup, IGN, Izlesene.com, JibJab, Joystiq, justin.tv, LiveLeak, Local AVI, Local FLV, Local MOV, Local MP4, Local RA, Local RAM, Local RM, Local SWF, Local WMA, Local WMV, Mail.ru, MarketNewsVideo, Mefeedia, MegaVideo, Metacafe, Mevio, Movshare.net, Mpora, MySpace, MyVideo.de, Novamov, NyTimes, own3d.tv, PBS, PinkBike.com, Rambler.ru, Reuters, Rutube, SchoolTube, Sevenload, Smotri, Stagevu, Stream.cz, Tangle.com, TinyPic.com, TNT, Trophys.com, Trtube, Twitvid, UStream.tv, Veoh, VH1, VideoBB.com, Vimeo, Worldstarhiphop.com, XFire, Yahoo, Youku, Youtube, Youtube Short Url, Zippyshare, Zippyshare 2,
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Russ

Can you add more than one? I live in one place and work in another.

Like the board, definitely a change from the last type.. take me a bit to get used to it. When did it change?
Feel a little out of the loop here. Last year has flown by.. hard to believe Ive been a dad for a year.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

What do the 5 coloured squares under our usernames do?

TehBorken

Quote from: Russ on Dec 20 11 11:19
Can you add more than one? I live in one place and work in another.

Add more than one what??

TehBorken

Quote from: Russ on Dec 20 11 11:20What do the 5 coloured squares under our usernames do?

Sexual attractiveness, of course. ;)

Actually the color and number of the boxes are connected to the number of posts you've made.

Russ

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 21 11 08:45
Add more than one what??

LOVE the quoting feature.. I used to attempt to do my own on the last board. THANKS TB!

Um, LOL, I suppose telling you in reference to what would help out just a wee bit hey?
The location of yourself on a map.. Can you add two locations on the map for where you are? One for where I live.. and one for where I am currently working? Just curious really.

Hope you are doing well! Thanks for the answers.

Russ

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 21 11 08:46
Sexual attractiveness, of course. ;)

Actually the color and number of the boxes are connected to the number of posts you've made.

Ha!

Interesting.. thanks for the reply TB. Is there a legend somewhere that describes it to us? Did I miss that? Still trying to see my way around the board.

TehBorken

Quote from: Russ on Dec 21 11 04:52Can you add two locations on the map for where you are? One for where I live.. and one for where I am currently working? Just curious really.

Nope, sorry. The map add-in only allows one location as far as I can tell.

Quote from: Russ on Dec 21 11 04:52Hope you are doing well! Thanks for the answers.

All in all I'm doin' great. :)  Just had a birthday, bought some fun stuff, looking forward to the new year. Sakha helped me buy one of my birthday presents, a Springfield Armory XD9 Subcompact:

We just sent in Sakha's paperwork for her US Citizenship and are waiting to hear from USCIS. (We sent it in once before but I misunderstood some of the instructions and it was too early...so they sent it back and told us to wait another 90 days.)

Sakha also just bought her first car ever in her whole life and she's tickled pink over it. It's a 2010 Hyundai Elantra, a cute "girl car" as she calls it.  :) This exactly what it looks like, same color and everything:

DDD

Why do you need a handgun? Do you go shooting at a club?
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Russ

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 21 11 07:03
Nope, sorry. The map add-in only allows one location as far as I can tell.

All in all I'm doin' great. :)  Just had a birthday, bought some fun stuff, looking forward to the new year. Sakha helped me buy one of my birthday presents, a Springfield Armory XD9 Subcompact:

We just sent in Sakha's paperwork for her US Citizenship and are waiting to hear from USCIS. (We sent it in once before but I misunderstood some of the instructions and it was too early...so they sent it back and told us to wait another 90 days.)

Sakha also just bought her first car ever in her whole life and she's tickled pink over it. It's a 2010 Hyundai Elantra, a cute "girl car" as she calls it.  :) This exactly what it looks like, same color and everything:

Drat on the map answer. Thanks though.

Well Happy Birthday! Nice gun! SS and myself been talking about getting our restricted license as well as our FAC for longguns.
Ive been looking at 9mm ones, and when I was down in San Fran at SS's relatives, the husband was showing me which ones to get, lol.

It'll be interesting to see which ones I can get where I am, compared to what he showed me.

Hopefully Sakha's saga will slowly come to a close. Is there plans to go back once a year or so?

LOL, glad you got her a car. Also glad she likes it.. Just got SS a 2010 GMC Terrain, fully loaded (it has stuff I cant believe on the thing). Its small enough she's comfortable driving it, and can see out of the back window cause she's so short (dont tell her I said that). Still big enough to fit two carseats in the back and both of us in the front with some stuff in the back, not that we have a second kid, yet.
Did she have any problems getting a drivers license?

TehBorken

Quote from: Russ on Dec 22 11 04:37Hopefully Sakha's saga will slowly come to a close. Is there plans to go back once a year or so?

I hope it never comes to a close. :) Yes, we've been back and generally plan to go back for a visit each year. We've been back once already.

Quote from: Russ on Dec 22 11 04:37Did she have any problems getting a drivers license?

Well, there were some *cough* frantic moments concerning the old you-HAVE-to-stay-on-YOUR-side-of-the-road thing but after a few days it was second nature. Especially after I showed her some videos of what happens when you don't stay on your side and two 3000-pound cars hit head on at, say, 50 miles per hour.  :'(

(In Cambodia you can pretty much drive on whatever side of the road you want, whenever you want, going any direction you want.)

All in all, she's a very conservative driver. She says, "I'm a more safety driver than you".

TehBorken

Quote from: DDD on Dec 22 11 09:31Why do you need a handgun?

Because I'd look like an idiot walking around with an empty holster on my belt.

Quote from: DDD on Dec 22 11 09:31Do you go shooting at a club?

Nope.

DDD

Handguns where built for one thing only to kill people and are not an item needed just a waste of cash.

Now give me a 30/30 rifle  ;D  way more fun
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!