Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel about them?

Love them
1 (16.7%)
Hate them
0 (0%)
Tolerate them
3 (50%)
Start thinking of excuses about why you can't go  the moment an invitation to one arrives
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Gopher

Me, I can't stand them.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Ah, you must be an introvert like me, Gophie. :)

When I was younger, I LOVED parties.  I like parties now but different kinds such as my son's birthday, friend's/family birthday parties and baby shower parties.  I'm not much of a conversationalist these days.  MrPL on the other hand, can chat all day long.  He's the extrovert.

Speaking of parties, my Sup is having her 50th party bash at her place this weekend.  We won't be staying too long, 1-2 hrs.  But ya never know who you'll meet.  :)  

Gopher

PL, over the years we seem to have found that we have tons and tons in common!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Orik

I was a extrovert when I was under the influence of some form of a mind altering substance such as Alcohol, Marijuana or Cocaine. Today I am more than a bit introverted. I am very shy and a bit of a recluse in life but am very outgoing on the internet forums go figure. I do not go to parties very often & if I do go to some sort of a party it tends to be a party thrown by close friends, family or people I know well from church.

I consider most of the people from my church to be my extended family. If the party grows to large, I will make my excuses and leave. If I am invited to one where I know there will be a large crowd or If I do not know the people well or the venue will be to crowded, I tend to go to extreme lengths making up excuse's for my not being there.

I do OK on a small scale, such as when there are 8 people or less, such as in a simple social gathering. A coffee get together light lunch or a brunch setting those are more than adequate.  I like simple get together's for coffee with a few people because that is about the extent of my comfort zone.

If things go longer or a party becomes more crowded than I like, I find that I will start to get very uncomfortable at which point I will make excuses to leave early. Case and example was the Discover Vancouver get together at Steam-Works. I stayed for a very short time. I arrived late & I ate a small appetizer with which I had a couple of none alcoholic brews. Shortly after that I bugged out because they were getting to boisterous some where even becoming slightly intoxicated and the venue was way to crowded for my liking.

The best none party's I attend are the simple coffee meets or lunch meetings made with those from the forums. One of the best I have had was with Russ and a few other great people such as BC Marie Goat_boy or whatever his handle was. the there was Mr Van & his wife whose name I forgot. meeting Pure-life was a high light of the DV party. Meeting Kits he may not be the tallest man in a room but he is one of the most handsome every lady I saw was watching him that night. except a select few.

I apparently stole Kit's or Rae Rae seat. I met with Academe and a few others over the years. Give me a coffee meet any day of the week over a party thanks.  I met the lady Ms. Pit or was it Mrs Pit.  Best steak dinner meeting was with the companionship of one of the most beautiful woman I have ever met had to be Silent Hill Nurse, what a stunning woman. I say this I am very Seloso to her Husband mr Pyramid head he is one very lucky man.

There are more than a couple of others whose name I am not sure I can say or not so it is better I do not name them one was the Couple Van guy & his wife a nice couple a pleasure to meet and they gave me a awesome Christmas present Danish butter Cookies yummy! a half dozen pens in multiple colors and a very expensive book of paper. about 150 Page  hard cover Book  hand stitched & glued at a guess easily a 25-50 dollar booklet for writers (depending if they bought it on sale or paid full price.)  I must add that, that booklet has been nearly filled with my daily journal and with my urge to purge my muse of writing..

Now those where some fine small social gatherings they are best in a wide open coffee shop with 2 exits and entrances that can be monitored from one seat with ease and allowing you to keep your back to a wall while doing so. I also like meeting in or bistro these are perfect venues for small social gatherings. I hate small tight places, I can not stand to be crowded or in a place I deem to noisy  if a place is like that  I will bug out ASAFP.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

If I know you, I'll talk forever; if not, I've got to warm up. I let others lead in groups.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

Parties are okay, but I'm not as interested in going to them as I was say, 10 or 20 years ago.

Once you've been to 1,000 parties it's hard to get all that excited about them.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

purelife

Wow Orik, that's quite the extensive list of forum posters you have met!  :)

I, too notice that we have so many things in common, Gophie. :)

DDD

Well I have met BC Marie a very nice woman and had a great day at the lake/cabin with her. The only on at DV that took me up on the offer for a tour of the place

Ms. Pit you sure as she lives out of town I still chat with her on facebook

Ms.Lewd talk to her now and again she is a very nice woman also.... been a long time since i have seen her in person

As for a large party no but small yes and a few people over coffee / drinks is the best imo

Then we have Tasha I would love to meet her in person but at last we are so far apart but at least we can e mail or pm
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

purelife

I don't recognize any names you had mentioned, DDD.  

A few people I've met from the forum, I still keep in contact with through facebook.  One of them turned out to be a good friend but now she lives in the UK.  :(

It was a great time meeting many Dv'ers and Ds'ers.  I didn't think I would ever be up to meeting people online.

I find that as I get older, I like my quiet and parties are just too loud for me.  I'm not much of a pub go'er as I don't drink.  

Sportsdude

I met up with some guys I've talked to for years on a hockey forum at a Toronto pub in August. We had a good time.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

We have a party for our son this weekend!  I can't wait to see his face when he sees the cake we got him!   Heck, he's happy just to see balloons and all the people!   :)

TehBorken

I wanna see some pictures of this!

Quote from: purelife on Oct 19 11 03:01
We have a party for our son this weekend!  I can't wait to see his face when he sees the cake we got him!   Heck, he's happy just to see balloons and all the people!   :)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.